TuneIn bitrate

Spacegray

I have a problem with TuneIn implementation on the WiiM pro each time a station offers more than one stream.
E.g. if there is a 64kb/s stream for mobile use and a 128kb/s for home use, TuneIn automatically selects the lowest bitrate, which of course sounds terrible.
In the TuneIn App i can choose between available streams but not so in the WiiM App.
Is there any other solution than airplay/chromecast or manually adding an URL (open network stream) for each desired station.

vTuner is missing some of my stations and also is missing some meta data like station logo

Think you may need to submit a ticket for this, perhaps as a bug or a feature request - I guess the WiiM device should present itself as a PC or similar so that it defaults to the higher stream, or at least gives you the option. I even tried favouriting a higher quality stream in the Tunein app but that didn't make a difference.
Edit: I didn't try adding the URLs as favourites in Tunein or the WiiM app, but that might be a workaround till they allow the higher streams

I have a problem with TuneIn implementation on the WiiM pro each time a station offers more than one stream.
E.g. if there is a 64kb/s stream for mobile use and a 128kb/s for home use, TuneIn automatically selects the lowest bitrate, which of course sounds terrible.
In the TuneIn App i can choose between available streams but not so in the WiiM App.
Is there any other solution than airplay/chromecast or manually adding an URL (open network stream) for each desired station.
Agree with you 100%! I recall Wiim listing the ability to choose stream bitrate as a planned firmware update feature months ago (back in the day when they published this information on their roadmap). Not sure if this is still in the works. However, I have been using a very robust internet station directory called "fmstream.org" to easily access url information, and I now rarely use TuneIn or vTuner anymore. FMStream is a browser based internet radio directory listing 84,000 stations. It shows ALL of the streams available for any given station with complete transparency on codec, bitrate, and sample rate. And, unlike TuneIn or vTuner, FMStream clearly spells out the http url address for all stations... no more digging in the web page source element to find some buried url streaming address. Now that the folks at Wiim have fixed the app's ability to save custom network streams as presets (accomplished in a recent firmware update), I find that a simple copy and paste of the url address from FMStream.org to the "open network stream" feature in the Wiim Home app, and then a save as a preset makes everything a breeze. I now know that I am getting the best possible sound available for any given station. (If Wiim could partner with the folks at FMStream to incorporate that information directly into the Wiim app, that would be the best of all worlds).

Back