Update 24 march ?

Spotify Connect works way better now. Before I usually had to connect two or three times until I really got a stable connection. Spotify Connect would connect and immediately disconnect again. Now it works right away and is stable. Big improvement. (y)

Good to hear. Its indeed a pain when you want to listen to music and tech is not working.

EQ clipping on fixed volume fixed? Can someone measure this if EQ don’t have distortion when EQ is enable?

WiiM rolls out new firmware in waves, so it shouldn't be much longer (unless WiiM installed a beta firmware to remediate a specific problem you reported, in which case you'll need to request going back to the official release channel).

WiiM rolls out new firmware in waves, so it shouldn't be much longer (unless WiiM installed a beta firmware to remediate a specific problem you reported, in which case you'll need to request going back to the official release channel).

In my case I've never installed any beta firmware or anything like that, yet my WiiM Pro is running a version that does not appear in the release notes at all. These are the current and previous versions per the release notes:

4.8.511631 (Latest)

Release date:
3/23/2023

Release date:
3/14/2023

My unit is running 4.8.511042 which has a Build Date of 3/17/2023, so close to the latest version from a numerical perspective, but not actually current nor listed in the release notes at all, and it lacks the fix for the Presets which I wish to use.

Maybe a coincidence, but I just updated the wiim home app on my tablet, and now it shows me the firmware update is available.
For full disclosure, I did also reboot my modem as I was having general network issues across multiple devices in the house.

Just had Mini & Pro updated
Me too, and the Presets are now functional after applying available iOS and Android device app updates.

The WiiM Pro will awaken from standby just by pressing a Preset on the BT remote, however the given name of a custom network stream does not translate to the Preset, i.e. a station I had named JB Radio2 in the Open Network Stream app screen identifies only as "CustomStream" in the Preset Content app screen. Radio Paradise does identify correctly in the Preset Content app screen by comparison.

All in all a big improvement as this was the use case scenario I personally had for the BT remote control, however some additional tweaking with regard to the naming of a custom network stream, and the ability to add a station icon would be welcome.

Me too, and the Presets are now functional after applying available iOS and Android device app updates.

The WiiM Pro will awaken from standby just by pressing a Preset on the BT remote, however the given name of a custom network stream does not translate to the Preset, i.e. a station I had named JB Radio2 in the Open Network Stream app screen identifies only as "CustomStream" in the Preset Content app screen. Radio Paradise does identify correctly in the Preset Content app screen by comparison.
Mine all appear on the preset page with the names I gave them in the Open Network Stream page on both my iPad and android Wiim home apps. Here’s a screenshot of the android app - the names scroll so look truncated in it.

Attachments

• FEDE0889-FBF5-4FFF-BF8F-AD0D4CD3E013.png
    FEDE0889-FBF5-4FFF-BF8F-AD0D4CD3E013.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
Mine all appear on the preset page with the names I gave them in the Open Network Stream page on both my iPad and android Wiim home apps. Here’s a screenshot of the android app - the names scroll so look truncated in it.
Are those existing custom network streams you had made prior to these updates, or were they newly made after the recent updates?

EDIT: OK I just redid my JB Radio2 preset and it is now identified by name, not sure what happened the first go 'round but thanks for your input, another I've added into preset #4 is also identified by name too.

Now a nice finishing touch would be the ability to add a station icon for fast visual identification in the app.

Last edited:
Are those existing custom network streams you had made prior to these updates, or were they newly made after the recent updates?

EDIT: OK I just redid my JB Radio2 preset and it is now identified by name, not sure what happened the first go 'round but thanks for your input, another I've added into preset #4 is also identified by name too.

Now a nice finishing touch would be the ability to add a station icon for fast visual identification in the app.
Not 100% sure, but I did clear them out a few days back when I reported the bug about not being able to use a preset and got an interim firmware update. Then I think we got the new app, followed by new firmware again.

Back