USB disappears when amp goes into standby

Laramie

I'm using a 128gb flash drive to store music to stream using my Wiim Amp. The library is built and streams fine. However, the USB drive eventually disappears from the list of sources within the Browse tab. If I reboot the amp, the drive reappears. It seems that the drive disappears when the amp goes into standby mode.

I plugged in my 512 GB USB flash drive again and cannot reproduce this behaviour (WiiM Amp firmware: 5.0.615252, WiiM Home app: 2.9.5.240428 on Android). I also never noticed this with older firmware revisions. Even when the amp is in standby mode (or what appears to be standby mode) I can even access the built-in DLNA server and play music from the flash drive plugged into the WiiM Amp on my other devices.

It seems like others did not come across this problem so far. It's probably best to file an issue with WiiM through the WiiM Home app: Settings -> Send us feedback.

According to what I learned from this forum this will send device logs along with your feedback, so WiiM can have a closer look into your issue. You should receive a confirmation email shortly after. Please read this email carefully. It will probably include further instructions on what to do if you want to receive updates on the processing of your feedback.

I appreciate your response. I am able to see/play music on the USB drive from other devices such as Hi-Fi cast on Android , etc - even when the amp is on 'stand by'. However the Wiim Home app doesn't consistently show the USB drive in the Browse tab. It's there for a while, then it isn't.

I've tried several flash drives and a external powered hard drive with the same results. The Amp also got hung for an hour or so rebuilding the library a few times.

I am not comfortable with the inconsistency of the unit and will probably send it back. A ticket has been filed.

Thanks for your response

All I can say is that this is not the expected behaviour, indeed. You can expect the WiiM Amp to work as it should.

Given that you can still see the content of the USB drive from other media players, I would expect this to be a problem with your current version of the WiiM Home app and your device running it. Just out of curiosity, doesn't the flash drive disappear from device settings -> Audio Input as well?

In most cases WiiM do come up with a suggested solution rather quickly.

Last edited:
Back