(I vote for just hdmi!! no usb!! hihi)
but statistically...it won't do much...
the point is not not to have usb .. why not of course
but some would like only the usb .....
;-)

This is called jitter

Just my two cents...
And make love, not (jitter) war

-The hand drawn figure you shown is exaggerated by many parsecs.

-Jitter can be at any stage of a domain conversion, not just in the transport interface.

-The clock precision and correction capabilities of modern DACs can minimize the side effects of jitter, making them quite urban legend-level. In jitter measurements, there are no systematic differences between interfaces and when present, they are related to the model, rather than the type of interface.

If someone wants a USB interface it should have other reasons, not the jitter itself.
The attached doc even old, explains jitter types and concludes that DAC's can manage it. Even better by nowadays DAC's.

I think jitter, can be the last of problems...

Attachments

• jitter92.pdf
    392.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Yep. And the jitter is always present on the domains border even if there is no obvious conversion involved. It's a matter of proper design to handle it and keep on the level low enough to get the processing undisturbed.

Q. for WiiM staff: Is the upcoming product with USB-c digital out UAC2 compliant?

With @Brantome, never read WiiM mentioning dedicated USBs ports.
My Zoom UAC2 f.e. has an USB-B in, for power and data. Personally, if it some day appears, would prefer USB-A out for a Pro MkIII 😉Mechanically I trust more in this version. It seems to stay crystal ball gazing anyway.

Last edited:
IF they decide to build such an item (what I hope and trust in) of course it has to be USB-C. Although I have seen so much broken pieces I think that it is not an issue with a static item like the WiiM Pro. No schedule today, so may be there is USB-D if they will build it finally. 😉

Last edited:
Because SPDIF is one way with no feedback error correction. USB into ports designed for DACs like Schiit Unison have signal integrity advantages.
USB on all Schitt dacs is great, probably best implementation under $3000. Trying to convert an optical to usb does not get good results. Future USB output would be great, i don’t care what dac chip is used, i wouldn’t use it. It would be a great streamer under $300

A basic streamer with the Pro specs, sans internal DAC just adding a USB-c port out should be less than $150.

A basic streamer with the Pro specs, sans internal DAC just adding a USB-c port out should be less than $150.
but what would be the interest for you (I also imagine that you already have a wiim (?))?
and for wiim to make a device intended for a "niche" market?

A fairly large market of people with separate DACs… yes I have multiple WiiM products but would prefer to have a Pro with a clean USB-c out port.

A fairly large market of people with separate DACs… yes I have multiple WiiM products but would prefer to have a Pro with a clean USB-c out port.
so your talk about "usb only" doesn't make sense... the contribution of usb for what not and it will do... but 99.99% of dacs have coaxial or toslink... not much usb...
""usb only""" why?

:unsure:

ps
machines for a niche market "a la audiophile" cheaper .. will be new and wiim will be very stupid
ps bis
on which usb-coaxial and dac sources did you find a superiority of usb over coaxial?

Last edited:
so your talk about "usb only" doesn't make sense... the contribution of usb for what not and it will do... but 99.99% of dacs have coaxial or toslink... not much usb...
""usb only""" why?

:unsure:

ps
machines for a niche market "a la audiophile" cheaper .. will be new and wiim will be very stupid
ps bis
on which usb-coaxial and dac sources did you find a superiority of usb over coaxial?
Not usb only… Spdif and other output of course.

Not usb only… Spdif and other output of course.
"niche"....lower production volume..more expensive...
;-)
you changed your "usb only", it's good but makes my point even more illusible.. it's not nice, and I don't need that to look like an idiot ... ;-))

so then...why this "usb"?
do you prefer it for use in direct comparison to coaxial at constant condions?
what specific cases?

Last edited:
I suppose you ought to know. But what about the current Pro with just usb added? 20cents more ok?

I am being facetious to counter your WiiM marketing insider plan. :)

Back