USB output

@BMoreJazz
As a big confider in the capability of WiiM's market research department I think they do their housework well. And maybe for today they found out that for a too small percentage of the market an USB out is important. So "comprehension problem" in this case for me is pure nonsense. I see such a problem more by "much, many, majority needs". This forum is a bubble only. And if you, what I deny, will find only here more than 200 supporters this is far away from the numbers they need. They read our wishes and I never before noticed a company which does so much in communication with us nerds and do everything step by step. So wait and see. Keep yer heid! 😉
Do not understand me wrong, I would also like to have this feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the person asking for use cases: My Topping D10 DAC *ONLY* has USB in.

(I'm using a different DAC in my main setup. If the Wiim Pro had USB out, I'd buy a second one to use in my bedroom setup.)

Well I would buy a Wiim product if there was usb output to pair w/ Schiit Ragnarok’s integrated DAC. But instead I’ll buy a Bluesound, which is overkill for Spotify Connect but it seems to be my best option.

hihi..
you are serious? ...

your point makes no sense considering that spotify is only compressed.....not basicly qualitatif
;-)

But that simply does not make the question or the wish obsolete! The one and only missing link to so many actual DACs is an USB out. I would name it silly if WiiM does not go for it. There is no, absolutely no modern streamer in the competition without. May be a tiny inaudible but measurable noise is important for some, a simple well shielded USB out will satisfy much more clients.

But that simply does not make the question or the wish obsolete! The one and only missing link to so many actual DACs is an USB out. I would name it silly if WiiM does not go for it. There is no, absolutely no modern streamer in the competition without. May be a tiny inaudible but measurable noise is important for some, a simple well shielded USB out will satisfy much more clients.
but that's not the question here...

and don't worry there is no subject concerning the absence of usb... it will be on the next one..!
and we will still come to the situation so common... "certainly I can't hear the difference, see even with mp3 at 320k.. but at least.. I know myself at topppp, I can go much further than the miserable 192k24bits!!!"
;-))

but that's not the question here...

and don't worry there is no subject concerning the absence of usb... it will be on the next one.. and we will still come to the situation so common... "certainly I can't hear the difference, see even with mp3 at 320k.. but at least.. I know myself at topppp, I can go much further than the miserable 192k24bits!!!"
;-))
Even after having a few Duckstein I am still able to read. So it was indeed the question and the headline of this thread, not the debate if one hears something different with higher resolutions. This field I'll leave you. And if WiiM will present it in the future it is fine. And a comment like "your point makes no sense considering that spotify is only compressed.....not basicly qualitatif" is one of the absolute sort which really makes no sense.

Well I would buy a Wiim product if there was usb output to pair w/ Schiit Ragnarok’s integrated DAC. But instead I’ll buy a Bluesound, which is overkill for Spotify Connect but it seems to be my best option.
hihi..
you are serious? ...

your point makes no sense considering that spotify is only compressed.....not basicly qualitatif
;-)

(Schiit Ragnarok ..amplifier with analog input..but I can indeed have said a nonsense if this input is occupied not an fm tuner etc of course..mea culpa)

Last edited:
Okay well, Quboz Connect is coming and Spotify Connect is going high res soon right?
we've been waiting for years ( and indeed, if it arrives at the end of the year will be "cd quality", way deezer? flac 44/16?)...but your analog input is busy?

Last edited:
we've been waiting for years ( and indeed, if it arrives at the end of the year will be "cd quality", way deezer? flac 44/16?)...but your analog input is busy?
The product I want to purchase: Wiim mini with an USB out so it is only being used as a streamer.

It won't work with an ordinary DAC as it requires the usb host to be connected to.

This feature has been the most requested but it won’t see the light of day till some other time.

This device is bus powered so unless the USB input on the DAC provides power its of no use in feeding an external DAC
I may have misunderstood your point .. but there are cables allowing an integrated external power supply, right? (I personally use them for measurement purposes to treat my power supplies)

Back