USB output

Next cheapest is Ifi Zen Stream which as no DAC. Raspberry Pi DiY is the only option around the same price as the Wiim. Then Blusound Node 2 next its usb output is a bit flakey though. Then you have SoTm or Sonore bridges which are not cheap or the Eversolo. You rarely find usb at the cheap end.
That’s the issue. WiiM mini open the door for a new opportunity to accomplish that the same way they took Bluesound out as the only option.

Give wiim a year or two and will have product for every budget that most people willing to pay. Take for instance Hifi rose very expensive and very few people would willing to spend that kind of money unless they are hardcore and want the remaining 10 percent performance on average streamers cost. Majority of average cost streamer has 90 percent performance of the exotic price streamer.

Hi Team,

Regarding the USB audio output feature, we are thrilled to share some exciting news with you! Our team is actively working on this for WiiM Amp.

Mark your calendars! We're targeting late January for the release of this feature. We appreciate your enthusiasm and support.

Hi Team,

Regarding the USB audio output feature, we are thrilled to share some exciting news with you! Our team is actively working on this for WiiM Amp.

Mark your calendars! We're targeting late January for the release of this feature. We appreciate your enthusiasm and support.
That's great news and promising for future products, but I'm not sure why someone would buy the WiiM Amp and plan to use it with an external DAC.

Hi Team,

Awesome! External dac can be used. How about the rca input, is there a possible to turn that into pre out?

Wonder if it could be used in a dac-loop mode, like some other devices.
i.e. stream to the wiim amp, maybe some dsp applied, usb digital out to external dac, analog back in to wiim amp (NO signal processing) and out to speakers.
Otherwise I can't see the point either....

Wonder if it could be used in a dac-loop mode, like some other devices.
i.e. stream to the wiim amp, maybe some dsp applied, usb digital out to external dac, analog back in to wiim amp (NO signal processing) and out to speakers.
Otherwise I can't see the point either....
I think for those users seeking higher quality dac than what’s built in may able to do so. The dac analog output will be then feed to wiim analog input. I think it’s much more sense if those analog input can turn into pre out to connect external amp for power hungry speakers.

The Amp lacks any digital output, so usb audio port can be a nice addition, especially it's for free.

Last edited:
The original WiiM Mini and Pro were outstanding, fully functional streamers. They could be used as digital sources of top notch audio equipment.

The subsequent add ons - Pro Plus and Amp are just ordinary stuff. Fine but of no interest to those just interested in streamers.

That's great news and promising for future products, but I'm not sure why someone would buy the WiiM Amp and plan to use it with an external DAC.
Well, perhaps what's good for the goose amp is good for the ganders streamers.

Hi Team,

Hi, team.

Can the USB output also be used as a headphone output?

Also, if the USB output is connected to a DAC, is it possible to completely turn off the internal amp while the sub-out is enabled?

Sorry but am I the only one thinking putting USB out on an amplifier seems to be a bit backwards in thinking.

Well, perhaps what's good for the goose amp is good for the ganders streamers.
For someone who wants or has the WiiM amp to power speakers this is a very useful free addition but I don't see it as a good reason to buy the amp otherwise, unless they have an amazing DAC which only has USB input.

Hi Team,

Hi, @WiiM Support.

Change the question.
When using the USB output as a pre-output, is it possible to output low-pass audio to the sub-out and output only high-pass audio with USB at the same time?

Back