USB output

This implies you're waiting to use the wiim amp as a streamer to send its usb output to an external dac, and then back into the same wiim amp.
Wiim have not confirmed if the amp will support such a dac loop function.
It'd be fantastic if it could do this, but I won't hold my breath...
You might be impressed what these people can do, they just surprised you without even knowing it. Even it’s not possible, the internal Dac is transparent.

Hi Team,

Regarding the USB audio output feature, we are thrilled to share some exciting news with you! Our team is actively working on this for WiiM Amp.

Mark your calendars! We're targeting late January for the release of this feature. We appreciate your enthusiasm and support.
Dear WiiM,
Does the technology allows for a port on streamer portfolio like the Pro ?
Kindly

Has that feature been released yet? I thought it was still only for support of a USB drive? @WiiM Support , @WiiM Team

viz.
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/usb-output.232/post-33066
Hi Brantome,

Apologies for any confusion caused. To clarify, the Beta test for this feature is scheduled for release by the end of January. Following this, we anticipate making it publicly available in late February. We appreciate your patience as we work towards these milestones and are excited to bring you these new developments.

Hi Brantome,

Apologies for any confusion caused. To clarify, the Beta test for this feature is scheduled for release by the end of January. Following this, we anticipate making it publicly available in late February. We appreciate your patience as we work towards these milestones and are excited to bring you these new developments.
What features that will get release on end of January that’s not beta? Thanks!

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of USB output for WiiM amp. Will the recruitment of beta testers come soon?😁

After every firmware update first thing I go and check is audio output section to see if this has been added! Give it to us already 😂

Any update on USB digital out for the WiiM AMP?
I bought the device for this feature alone.
If it is delayed maybe I should have spent my money on the ultra...

I am also tracking the same

This page is supposed to be the fw release notes

Here is the roadmap, last updated on 8th March, USB Audio Output listed as upcoming feature.

Take everything with a pinch of salt - the fw page is behind the actual fw received today

1712174506206.jpeg

Hi Team,

We apologize for the delay in releasing the USB-out feature for the WiiM Amp. Our target is to launch Beta testing in April, and we're currently conducting internal tests with a limited range of USB DACs. To ensure compatibility with a broader array of DACs, including yours, we invite owners of USB DACs and WiiM Amps to join our Beta testing group for the USB Audio Out feature. Please submit a ticket to participate. Your contribution to refining this feature is invaluable. Thank you for collaborating with us on this development.

Hi Team,

We apologize for the delay in releasing the USB-out feature for the WiiM Amp. Our target is to launch Beta testing in April, and we're currently conducting internal tests with a limited range of USB DACs. To ensure compatibility with a broader array of DACs, including yours, we invite owners of USB DACs and WiiM Amps to join our Beta testing group for the USB Audio Out feature. Please submit a ticket to participate. Your contribution to refining this feature is invaluable. Thank you for collaborating with us on this development.
I don't understand...
what's the point of an external dac plugged into the "all in one" "amp"???:unsure:

Back