Used to be able to used To use wiim pro with alexa

luis.malaga

In the beginning of this year i used to be able to play multi room with alexa. Used to include it in Speaker group with an Echo dot, or something like that. Can’t really remember which path i took, but it was quite simple. Just add device and ok. But not anymore. It started crashing and becoming silent. Clearly there is something wrong. I Did a reboot on all echo dots i own and they started doing good. But not with wiim pro. No. Went to see if I could create a group including Wiim pro. So, apparently Wiim’s only device clearly supported in alexa’s app is the sunrise alarm clock. If you run it’s “add speaker” protocol with a Wiim pro instead, you can get to show as a speaker, but it doesn’t really work . Worse, all echo dots were negatively affected by that. I did the same reboot. Cancel the Wiim pro connection and I’m fine for now. But, still not able to do what I was able to before. Anyone else had that same issue?

I live in Japan and Alexa MRM, including WiiM, is working fine. If you create a new MRM group in the Alexa app and put a Wiim in it, does the Wiim only sound out?

Have you already tried rebooting or initializing your WiiM?

Also, have you submitted a ticket to the support team from the WiiM app?

Last edited:
First, reboot your router and the echos you wish to put in an MRM group. if the WiiM Pro appears in the Alexa app, delete it. Then go into the Wiim home app under Browse/Amazon Alexa and sign out, then sign back in which should set it back up in the Alexa app. Then add the WiiM to an Alexa MRM group with your echos and try again. Also, make sure the devices are all on the same network.

WiiM does not show as a device in Alexa, I've rest the wiim multiple times, reboot. In originally dud not have the Alexa app downloaded, I did that but still doesn't work with WiiM. Alexa works fine with Amazon app on my samsung

Within the last month or so, I have found that I am no longer able to use any of my Alexa voice devices to send Sirius XM to my WiiM Pro or either of my 2 WiiM Mini. They all worked fine in the past. Attached you will find the ticket I opened for this issue. I would encourage anyone with the same issue to open a ticket in the hopes that WiiM will put forth the resources to resolve this issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231020-083154_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20231020-083154_Firefox.jpg
    592.3 KB · Views: 2
Within the last month or so, I have found that I am no longer able to use any of my Alexa voice devices to send Sirius XM to my WiiM Pro or either of my 2 WiiM Mini. They all worked fine in the past. Attached you will find the ticket I opened for this issue. I would encourage anyone with the same issue to open a ticket in the hopes that WiiM will put forth the resources to resolve this issue.
Looking at the recent Alexa SiriusXM skill reviews on Amazon, it looks like this might well be an Alexa/Siriusxm issue rather than purely anything to do with WiiM. Some have claimed some success by disabling the SiriusXm skill, logging out of the Alexa app, waiting a short period say 10 minutes, logging back into the Alexa app and re-enabling the skill. Contacting Amazon customer service (or SiriusXm if they have such) quoting the large number of very recent negative reviews posted on this link might also be helpful.

Looking at the recent Alexa SiriusXM skill reviews on Amazon, it looks like this might well be an Alexa/Siriusxm issue rather than purely anything to do with WiiM. Some have claimed some success by disabling the SiriusXm skill, logging out of the Alexa app, waiting a short period say 10 minutes, logging back into the Alexa app and re-enabling the skill. Contacting Amazon customer service (or SiriusXm if they have such) quoting the large number of very recent negative reviews posted on this link might also be helpful.

Unfortunately, I am not one of the lucky ones. I followed your directions step by step and no luck. If you look at the attached, you will see the small squiggly lines in the play button. WiiM sees the Alexa voice requested channel, but no sound.

I will pursue contacting tech. Support for both Amazon Alexa and SiriusXM.

What would really be great is if WiiM would support Sirius XM in the WiiM Home app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231030-163009_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20231030-163009_WiiM Home.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 2

So, after hours with tech support for Alexa and SiriusXM, they both believe that the problem lies within the firmware of WiiM. For help to others, I first chatted with Ruchika Sharma for basic trouble shooting and then told to call and talked to Maddy at Sirius XM advanced trouble shooting at 1866-635-0179. She told me to reach back to WiiM as she believes the issue is with their software/firmware. Hopefully, WiiM is monitoring this thread.

P.S. my original WiiM ticket number is 491548.

So, after hours with tech support for Alexa and SiriusXM, they both believe that the problem lies within the firmware of WiiM. For help to others, I first chatted with Ruchika Sharma for basic trouble shooting and then told to call and talked to Maddy at Sirius XM advanced trouble shooting at 1866-635-0179. She told me to reach back to WiiM as she believes the issue is with their software/firmware. Hopefully, WiiM is monitoring this thread.
Could well be, but did they pass any comment on the many recent negative skill reviews?

Could well be, but did they pass any comment on the many recent negative skill reviews?
It was discussed, but in this specific case, with this specific problem, they believe this problem belongs to WiiM software/firmware. Feel free to contact SiriusXM advanced troubleshooting (at the number provided in my post) to give them your feedback.

It was discussed, but in this specific case, with this specific problem, they believe this problem belongs to WiiM software/firmware. Feel free to contact SiriusXM advanced troubleshooting (at the number provided in my post) to give them your feedback.
I'm not a SiriusXM user - I'm based in the UK and therefore don't have access to the service, nor am I affiliated in any way to WiiM other than helping moderate this group. However, from my long experience in dealing with Amazon support on Alexa matters, they unfortunately tend to grasp at any straw they see especially when a third party is mentioned - at least Sirius support sounded more approachable. As I said above, I've bumped up the PM I had previously sent WiiM.

Hi Jdamberger1,

Our team is working on this issue and hopes to fix it shortly (in a week). Please stay tuned! Thank you again for your patience and continued support.

Back