Voice Command for Presets

dtc

This seems to be a general problem with my Alexa setup so will move the discussion to the Voice Assistant thread.

Last edited:
FYI: I opened a WiiM support ticket for this, and WiiM confirmed that presets cannot be initiated by voice command.

Although this WiiM FAQ says one can say "open preset one" to have the WiiM start playing preset #1, as of 1/9/24 WiiM confirmed that, unfortunately, that won't work. It was unclear whether it's being worked on, or if there's a limitation with Alexa that makes it infeasible...

FYI: I opened a WiiM support ticket for this, and WiiM confirmed that presets cannot be initiated by voice command.

Although this WiiM FAQ says one can say "open preset one" to have the WiiM start playing preset #1, as of 1/9/24 WiiM confirmed that, unfortunately, that won't work. It was unclear whether it's being worked on, or if there's a limitation with Alexa that makes it infeasible...
A week earlier to that, WiiM replied to a ticket I sent on Alexa commands (input switching) that “Furthermore, we're excited to share that the integration of Alexa commands for running Presets is on our development roadmap. This feature is currently in our to-do list, and we are working diligently to bring it to you. Please stay tuned for future updates on this enhancement.”

Reactions: RSF
Also, depending on what the preset stores, you may be able to use Alexa routines to run the equivalent e.g. your favourite spotify or amazon music playlist, or radio station, and even invoke them by asking “Alexa, preset one”. Of course this has nothing to do with the actual preset on the WiiM (we’ll need to wait for WiiM to develop that) but it might provide a stopgap.

Along the same lines, see this post which uses Alexa routines to set volume and switch inputs on your WiiM - you could add a play music command to these of course if wished.

Post in thread 'WiiM Amp'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/wiim-amp.1322/post-33581

the integration of Alexa commands for running Presets is on our development roadmap
Good to hear; thanks. I hope it'll be done in a way that allows a preset for a Qobuz playlist or album (since Alexa and Qobuz don't directly integrate).

Good to hear; thanks. I hope it'll be done in a way that allows a preset for a Qobuz playlist or album (since Alexa and Qobuz don't directly integrate).
It’ll be interesting to see if it does although given it does support commands to switch inputs on WiiM, it might well be feasible.

Back