Playback paused when using iPhone and Alexacast

Woody

Major Contributor
Seems like somewhere along the way a change in the Amazon Music app will stop music playback when I make a phone call while casting.
I don't mind it really, but I don't recall it being that way in the past.
Haven't tried when starting music with voice command to see if it does the same.
Just curious.
Edit to say that I've only noticed this when I receive a call.

Last edited:
Seems like somewhere along the way a change in the Amazon Music app will stop music playback when I make a phone call while casting.
I don't mind it really, but I don't recall it being that way in the past.
Haven't tried when starting music with voice command to see if it does the same.
Just curious.
Edit to say that I've only noticed this when I receive a call.
AlexaCast is different from Bluetooth, and phones don't play back, so it's very strange that this happens. Is rebooting the phone not curable?

AlexaCast is different from Bluetooth, and phones don't play back, so it's very strange that this happens. Is rebooting the phone not curable?
Rebooting the phone doesn't change the behavior.
Is my iPhone the only one that does this while casting?
I don't really mind the behavior, just something different.

Rebooting the phone doesn't change the behavior.
Is my iPhone the only one that does this while casting?
I don't really mind the behavior, just something different.
And you're positive you're using alexacast?
Got a screenshot of the wiim now playing screen to prove it? :)

And you're positive you're using alexacast?
Got a screenshot of the wiim now playing screen to prove it? :)
I'm not positive of anything anymore, lol.

I am using the 1709419666203.png icon from Amazon Music App and it does pause all my Echo devices not just the amp.

I'm not positive of anything anymore, lol.

I am using the View attachment 5372 icon from Amazon Music App and it does pause all my Echo devices not just the amp.
That's the generic cast icon.
Once you press that, what do you choose? Is it a round icon?
What does the wiim show as the input?
What's shown on the Wiim's now playing screen...?

That's the generic cast icon.
Once you press that, what do you choose? Is it a round icon?
What does the wiim show as the input?
What's shown on the Wiim's now playing screen...?
- I usually select one of my multi-room music groups They have a round wi-fi looking icon next to them
- Wi-Fi
- Now playing is the artist cover art from AM. There is a play button, but it's inactive since I initiated playback from the AM app. It does have the Amazon Music app icon and the top as well as a broken circle icon next to it. (different than the round casting icon)

- I usually select one of my multi-room music groups They have a round wi-fi looking icon next to them
- Wi-Fi
- Now playing is the artist cover art from AM. There is a play button, but it's inactive since I initiated playback from the AM app. It does have the Amazon Music app icon and the top as well as a broken circle icon next to it. (different than the round casting icon)
Just to clarify.
The WiiM's now playing screen with the Alexacast icon. On Android, the play button is still active while casting.

1000002173.jpg

Just to clarify.
The WiiM's now playing screen with the Alexacast icon. On Android, the play button is still active while casting.

View attachment 5380
That's what my screen looks like on iOS too, except the play button is nonfunctional when I initiate music playback from Amazon Music.
Everything's working fine, I just noticed recently that playback stops when I have a phone call. It might be by design but doesn't seem like everyone sees the same behavior.
Edit to add that anything that uses the iPhone speaker pauses Amazon Music. Example I review a security camera recording and it stops music playback.
Must be a setting someplace I need to explore.

Last edited:
Back