What are you listening to?

1965 (P) Bob Johnston
First all electric Dylan. Some characters could have jumped out of a Fellini movie: The mystery tramp, Napoleon in rags, the diplomat and his Siamese cat.

IMG_2637.jpeg

1988 (P) Peter Collins
The story of Nikki, Mary and the sinister Doctor X. An almost flawless collection of songs, it went against the grain by proving that a heavy metal band was capable of displaying intelligence in their music.

IMG_2638.jpeg

Good that we all have different likes. I love QR too. And 100 is quite exclusive to be in ;-)

Last edited:
1992 (P) Garth Richardson & RATM
A quarter of a century after it was released Rage's debut remains a landmark!
(Four or five per day. If it bores you let me know.)

IMG_2639.jpeg

Last for today.
1974 (P) Deep Purple
Blackmore would record only one more studio album with the Mark III line-up of Deep Purple, Stormbringer, before quitting.

IMG_2644.jpeg

Next level stuff from 100 gecs... masters of using distortion musically 🤯 Dying to see them live - if anyone's going to the pitchfork music fetival hit me up

Screenshot_20240324-101045~2.png

@Fender
Thanks for the recommendation, I have not heard of Fritz Wunderlich, but he seems to have made rather a lot of recordings.

I’m listening to this now, and so far I like what I am hearing.

IMG_0255.jpeg

New for me, never heard about. Will I survive? If you confirm I'll try it tomorrow. ;-)
OMG what have i done to get another response from the man himself @Fender. 🙇‍♂️

yes 100% give the album a go... you won't be disappointed. the songs are short, so be ready to hit repeat!! ;)

OMG what have i done to get another response from the man himself @Fender. 🙇‍♂️

yes 100% give the album a go... you won't be disappointed. the songs are short, so be ready to hit repeat!! ;)
Tried the first album and it is for sure interesting. Not my kind of music at all. I miss instruments, every sound computer generated or the voices "manufactured". May be a matter of age and bias ;-)
I found a very interesting essay about the two in Revolver. Good types. Nothing for me but nevertheless no waste of time.

IMG_2650.jpeg

Back