What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

Wiim built-in portable speaker.
There are many wireless small speakers on the market, but only a few have built-in good network streamer.

You could start by replying to your support tickets. I’ve had a WiiM Mini for three months now and it’s never been usable by Windows 11 as a DNLA speaker. It is visible to Windows as an ‘other’ device. Other DNLA apps can play through it. Ignoring support tickets doesn’t instill confidence in future purchases.

I hope for a usb input for an external ssd and a two-line display for title and artist

No new products for now. Version upgrade of existing ones with improvements mentioned on this board would be good for now. Also think that this would be a critical step to succeed in the market (e.g looking at what competitors are launching, e.g. NAD). Keep focused on the streaming part for the time being, look for strategic cooperations in one or the other area to increase capabilities of existing portfolio.

The following would be ideal :
(Though already posted in the Facebook - WiiM Fan Page ( with few changes )

1. WiiM ULTRA ( successor of PRO ) - OPTION 1

* Streamer of al Music Streaming Services
* DAC from ESS/AKM, with proper implementation
* Digital/Analog - input/output,
* HDMI-eARC/ARC, Balanced output
* USB Input
* Bluetooth 5.1/ MQair
* 12V Trigger
* Display Screen

2. WiiM ULTRA ( successor of PRO ) - OPTION 2

* Streamer of al Music Streaming Services
* Digital output
* 12V Trigger

3. WiiM Amp - OPTION 1 ( Pair with WiiM ULTRA -Option 1 )

* Class AB / D ( Purifi / Hypex )
* 75W/Ch @ 8Ohms
* Balanced & Unbalanced Inputs
* Tone Controls
* 12V Trigger

4. WiiM Amp - OPTION 2 ( Pair with WiiM ULTRA -Option 2 )

* Class AB / D ( Purifi / Hypex )
* 75W/Ch @ 8Ohms
* DAC from ESS/AKM, with proper implementation
* Digital/Analog - input/output,
* HDMI-eARC/ARC
* USB Input
* Bluetooth 5.1/ MQair
* DIRAC
* Tone Controls / Digital Filters
* 12V Trigger

Hope, the next product from WiiM is a audiophile one, that can compete with other industry products, competitively priced with the existing good Costumer Support

Wiim TV

WiFi and WAN
HDMI out
Airplay and Chromecast support
Bluetooth remote control
Dolby vision and HDR10/+
Support for Netflix, Prime TV, Disney +, Apple TV+, BBC iPlayer etc
Support for Plex, VLC, Kodi.
Ability to search content from all apps in one place.
Continue watching screen which shows content from all apps together.

I would love to see a unit that allows local music to be stored within the unit. Maybe an attached drive with all files on it, pick your music from within the app and it plays back from the drive attached

I would love to see a unit that allows local music to be stored within the unit. Maybe an attached drive with all files on it, pick your music from within the app and it plays back from the drive attached
A Raspberry Pi, decent case, a USB Drive and a USB DAC with the correct software and job jobbed. Far more flexible than the WiiM

For someone who is competent and familiar with pi, which I'm not. I'm sure it is easy enough, but I'd much rather have a plug and play solution, as for me the fun is listening to the music.
Before the supply issues with Pi hardware appeared there were quite a few vendors who would put the various components together in a nice case and sell them as a plug n play solution. When they reappear later this year they will be a viable alternative

Before the supply issues with Pi hardware appeared there were quite a few vendors who would put the various components together in a nice case and sell them as a plug n play solution. When they reappear later this year they will be a viable alternative
Yeah, I know Audiophonics do this, but they're quite expensive (in comparison) although they do have far superior DACs.
I would be interested in a digital only Wiim, as I have an external DAC anyway, but for those without a raspberry pi setup is a good alternative, I agree.

But still not for Amazon Music users…

But still not for Amazon Music users…
Agreed.
I see Amazon and Apple as the only valid reasons to opt for a WiiM in its intended use case if I am honest.
Since there is a thread where Amazon and Qobuz were compared and the consensus by some margin was that Amazon manipulate SQ then the only valid reason might be Apple.

Back