What's your setup/configuration look like?

IMG_5248.jpeg
Marantz PM7000N, Marantz CD6006, wiim mini.
The Marantz network on HEOS is flaky, but wiim is a great solution.
wiim is configured as LMS player which streams DoP (DSD over PCM) at 176.4 kHz over the local network server.

If the squeezelite LMS update is implemented this will be as easy as choosing your server. It is possible over upnp at present.

In the living room I have 2 minis, each connected to a Huawei Sound X, in pair, one for left, the other for right channel. They sound great. In my main listening room I have a Wiim Pro to SMSL SU-8S feeding my Onkyo TX-NR7100. My speakers are 2 Definitive BP-6 front, 2 Elac Debut 5.0 rear and a Cambridge Minx X301. Streaming LMS, Amazon Music and Qobuz. With Dirac that setup sounds gorgeous

My office hifi.
WiiM -> Onkyo CRN-755 via Optical (24/96) -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

The Cubes have a really small footprint so great for the office desktop but lacking quite a lot when it comes to low end hence Wharfedale SW150 Sub (not in picture) is under desk.
The thing on top of the Receiver is a Raspberry Pi with Allo Boss DAC HAT running piCorePlayer.
The WiiM is operating as an LMS player with the UPnP/DLNA Bridge.
The "Now Playing" screen at right is a re-purposed O2 Joggler running SqueezeOS which makes it a Touchscreen controller for LMS.

1686044206380.png

Mini hiding behind black speaker on right to Geshelli J2 DAC via optical. J2 balanced XLR out to Geshelli E2 pre in, E2 balanced XLR out to Douk H7 balanced XLR in to Human QT-1+ speakers. J2 unbalanced out to Nobsound E6 tube pre to Dynaco ST-35 to Human model 81 speakers on stands. Both of the J2 outs work simultaneously so I can play both systems individually or together. Glorious and beautiful music.

Attachments

• IMG_0089.jpeg
    IMG_0089.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
@Sliphorn
Any important remark about the APC? Or a clear buying recommendation? I see it as extremely affordable. Thank you!

@Sliphorn
Any important remark about the APC? Or a clear buying recommendation? I see it as extremely affordable. Thank you!
It tells me if the voltage is coming in hot or not. In fact, in the photo the upper amber light is lit, so the voltage was coming in hotter than 120, though not hotter than 125. If it is hotter than 125 or thereabouts, the amber light will flicker which I have never seen it do, and presumably it would then trip the internal breaker.

Just the other day I stopped by my electric coop and spoke to an engineer about it and letting him know that I have a voltage regulator and explained my concerns. According to him, 125 to as high as 127 is within allowable specs. The vast majority of the time the center green light is lit, meaning voltage is coming in at 120. I have never seen the lower amber light lit, indicating lower than 120. So yeah, I think it is a worthwhile purchase.

I am also thankful that my newly built Dynaco uses their latest modern transformers which are designed to handle 120v-125v, instead of the transformers from the 1950’s when voltage in America was lower.

@Sliphorn
One of our IT-anarchists gave me a hint as I didn't even noticed that all our power management is by APC. He once noticed me looking to hifi power products and said in my place he would look at the IT products. I surely will try. In Germany the company of course sell the items for 230 V. Looks good. And is all about security, not about sound in this case.

@Sliphorn
One of our IT-anarchists gave me a hint as I didn't even noticed that all our power management is by APC. He once noticed me looking to hifi power products and said in my place he would look at the IT products. I surely will try. In Germany the company of course sell the items for 230 V. Looks good. And is all about security, not about sound in this case.
IT-anarchist. Love it! And yes, it is about security.

Wiim Pro above a stack of Schiit! Beautiful stuff.
The obligatory weight to stop cable drag. We all have them!

Top to bottom
1. Khadas Tone Board in Audiophonics Case
2. Pi 4 running piCorePlayer connected to 1.
3. Pi 3 running Liquidsoap and Icecast 2 connected to Behringer UCA202 (not in picture). This takes any audio from amp and converts to playable FLAC stream eg Turntable anywhere in house.

2 & 3 are in PiBox Pro cases which put all interfaces on rear.

IMG_6180.jpeg

The obligatory weight to stop cable drag. We all have them!

Top to bottom
1. Khadas Tone Board in Audiophonics Case
2. Pi 4 running piCorePlayer connected to 1.
3. Pi 3 running Liquidsoap and Icecast 2 connected to Behringer UCA202 (not in picture). This takes any audio from amp and converts to playable FLAC stream eg Turntable anywhere in house.

2 & 3 are in PiBox Pro cases which put all interfaces on rear.

View attachment 984
Where’s the Wiim!

Back