Wiim Amp forgets remote control on every boot

check2819

Have just received the Wimm Amp, and have had various problems including it not outputting to the subwoofer, though finally this seems to be working but not sure I trust it as I don't know what changed.

However, every time I power the amp on, it has forgiotten the remote control, and I have to add it and pair it again - and this often takes several attempts for it to work.

Have tried new batteries in the remote, but this problem persists.

Given the intermittent issues with subwoofer, is it likely I have a faulty unit and should return it?

Advice welcomed!

Does the remote control icon disappear from the Amp display on the Devices screen? I find the remote can appear to be disconnected as it is slow to react on first use after power up - perhaps it's just taking its time reconnecting? It works fine after that for me without having to pair it again.

I believe WiiM are aware of some issues with the use of the sub and are addressing them - wasn't there a firmware update a day or so ago that eliminated the noise emitted from the sub in idle mode?

I'd hang on in there for a few more days and if matters don't improve, submit a ticket to WiiM thru the feedback section in the app - the more users who do that, the more evidence WiiM will have to diagnose the issues and fix them.

Thanks. I assume the firmware updates itself? I am connected via ethernet not wifi.

I simply cannot get the remote to pair at all now constantly says 'Pairing failed', unit has been on for many minutes, have tried pressing the pairing buttons on the remote, so may have to return device while it is still in the return period.

Thanks. I assume the firmware updates itself? I am connected via ethernet not wifi.

I simply cannot get the remote to pair at all now constantly says 'Pairing failed', unit has been on for many minutes, have tried pressing the pairing buttons on the remote, so may have to return device while it is still in the return period.
Yeah, the firmware updates itself.

Try a factory reset of your WiiM device then try pairing after that, and at least raise a ticket with WiiM before considering returning the unit. It’d be a shame to spoil the ship for a ha'p'orth of tar…

That sounds aggravating . All I do is push the center button inside the big button and I have music. Look on app for version if that’s possible , contact WiiM , I would be upset , maybe it’s the remote.

Same here. Been using the remote for some time with no problems. It now gets 'lost' every time I shut my Wiim Pro down.

Morning all, just reading the posts and I received my wiim amp yesterday and the remote volume only sends the volume to the max and none of the other buttons work it is paired properly and updated looks like I'll try resetting the unit and raising a ticket... otherwise a great machine.

Same here. Been using the remote for some time with no problems. It now gets 'lost' every time I shut my Wiim Pro down.
All you have to do is press any button on the remote control. Then it's back again. This is at least possible with the WiiM Pro.

Reactions: smb
Hi Team,

Would you be able to submit a support ticket regarding the issue you're experiencing with your remote? Once you do, please let me know the ticket number so I can personally escalate it to our Engineering team for prompt attention. Your patience and cooperation in this matter are greatly appreciated, and we're committed to resolving this issue for you as quickly as possible.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Reactions: jpy
Have just received the Wimm Amp, and have had various problems including it not outputting to the subwoofer, though finally this seems to be working but not sure I trust it as I don't know what changed.

However, every time I power the amp on, it has forgiotten the remote control, and I have to add it and pair it again - and this often takes several attempts for it to work.

Have tried new batteries in the remote, but this problem persists.

Given the intermittent issues with subwoofer, is it likely I have a faulty unit and should return it?

Advice welcomed!
This is a known issue on the WiiM Amp, and we will release a new firmware to solve this issue in a few days.

Reactions: jpy
Back