Wiim desktop app

Horsey

Have used the Wiim app on both an iPhone and iPad and it works great for controlling both Qobuz and Amazon. Would love if the app was available on Mac OS.

Might that be in the cards?

Thanks guys for such a superb streaming experience.
- Truthteller (on Amazon)

Thank you. I'm on Ventura: 13.01 and can see preset works. Looking forward to seeing Qobuz and Amazon integrated so can use the Mac OS for both within the Wiim Mac OS app.

Thank you guys!!

Linux please ....

I know, Linux has about 1% penetration of "desktop" OS. And then there are very many distributions.
Still, the Mac version should be easy to convert to generic Linux.

Linux please ....

I know, Linux has about 1% penetration of "desktop" OS. And then there are very many distributions.
Still, the Mac version should be easy to convert to generic Linux.
I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting on a Linux version tbh, I’d imagine WiiM have a lot more development work ahead of producing a Linux version.

never healthy to hold your breath.
However, it is not much of a development issue - the code just have to be packaged for Linux. There are generic ways to do that.
The maintenance is much more of an issue.
So finally, I agree that it is unlikely that we will see a Linux version in the near future :cool:

Do you know if WiiM Desktop app for macOS should play Apple lossless (ALAC m4a) files?
I can play FLAC and mp3 but not alac files. Is alac not supported?

For some reason the desktop app link for Windows (for me) has no icon? It's just a plain white square. When I go into change icon it says "Windows can't find... ..... .... app.ico"

I've reinstalled it, but same, no icon.

For some reason the desktop app link for Windows (for me) has no icon? It's just a plain white square. When I go into change icon it says "Windows can't find... ..... .... app.ico"

I've reinstalled it, but same, no icon.
I had the same issue. The app.ico file is actually in the images sub-directory under the WiiMHome directory.

You can either click the browse button under change icon to find it or you can go into explorer and move the app.ico up to the WiiMHome directory. Either will work.

Do you know if WiiM Desktop app for macOS should play Apple lossless (ALAC m4a) files?
I can play FLAC and mp3 but not alac files. Is alac not supported?

Yes it should, I can play ALAC files of various resolutions using the WiiM Home app for macOS, the below is a CD rip to ALAC m4a.

Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 10.10.11 PM.jpeg

I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting on a Linux version tbh, I’d imagine WiiM have a lot more development work ahead of producing a Linux version.
It shouldn't be that difficult to create a web based interface for the WiiM. Heck the Android version looks and behaves like a web browser anyway.

My Chrome extensions and Python experiments will work fine on Linux in the meantime. Feel free to improve on them.

How do I keep crossing paths with your code? I took one of your projects and made a small change and now I run into this one.

Last edited:
Back