Wiim mini main board pbc

Sergauskas

Hello,
Has anyone seen the Wiim mini main board pbc/boardwiev/datasheet?
The owner connected a 12V power supply, as a result, the Wimm does not work. When examining the board, burnt components are visible, but I can't find a datasheet on them

Hello,
Has anyone seen the Wiim mini main board pbc/boardwiev/datasheet?
The owner connected a 12V power supply, as a result, the Wimm does not work. When examining the board, burnt components are visible, but I can't find a datasheet on them
You mean like the user manual, easily available on the Amazon page or from within the wiim app itself, where it states
Power Input USB Type-C, 5V_1A
?

But I bet it sounded fantastic with the enhanced power supply for the milliseconds it took before it fried. ;)

I don’t think that a datasheet is available but if you a Google image search for “WiiM Mini tear down” you’ll see a few pics online, for example at https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/wiim-pro-information-requested.393202/

You could try raising a ticket to WiiM via the settings/feedback section in the WiiM app, but I don’t know what they’d do in the face of such clear user error and operation of the unit outside its published spec.

You mean like the user manual, easily available on the Amazon page or from within the wiim app itself, where it states
Power Input USB Type-C, 5V_1A
?

But I bet it sounded fantastic with the enhanced power supply for the milliseconds it took before it fried. ;)

No, I'm looking for a schematic of the main board. I have already disassembled Wiim and I cannot find datasheet for burnt components for further replacement

I reckon spending 90 bucks to get it fixed by tomorrow (i.e. next day amazon delivery) has got to be easier than trying to find and replace burnt out parts and deal with any other issues it may have caused.
Maybe not as much fun, for some, but easier!

I reckon spending 90 bucks to get it fixed by tomorrow (i.e. next day amazon delivery) has got to be easier than trying to find and replace burnt out parts and deal with any other issues it may have caused.
Maybe not as much fun, for some, but easier!
@Sergauskas is trying to help the owner of the device and there might be good reasons (like money, in particular a serious lack of) for that approach.

@Sergauskas is trying to help the owner of the device and there might be good reasons (like money, in particular a serious lack of) for that approach.
Yeah, I get that, and if it's a friend helping a friend then the time taken won't cost even if the parts do, and it might be a bit of fun / a mini project (get it?).
But I'd have thought the likelihood of getting it to work again after such a significant frying would be slim and it may be simpler / more prudent to just replace it.

Whichever path is choosen, I hope they get back to enjoying the (a) mini again!

Back