Wiim Mini with Powerbank?

PeterMüller

Hello everyone,

Quick question. I am using a Wiim Mini with the new JBL 120 Clubs
Unfortunately, the USB port there no longer supplies power when switched off, so the Wiim Mini always switches off. Is it possible to connect a power bank to the Wiim?
If so, which one, for example?
And if so, approximately how long would the Wiim stay on with a power bank charge?

Thank you all.

Once I tried this little helper for my RC hobby usage. Sorry only in German, but should be self-explaining. Beware: This is absolutely theoretical, it depends on so much factors. For my RC I prefer and recommend: Try. And sometimes error ;-)

Hello everyone,

Quick question. I am using a Wiim Mini with the new JBL 120 Clubs
Unfortunately, the USB port there no longer supplies power when switched off, so the Wiim Mini always switches off. Is it possible to connect a power bank to the Wiim?
If so, which one, for example?
And if so, approximately how long would the Wiim stay on with a power bank charge?

Thank you all.
Many powerbanks won't charge & provide power at the same time. This wouldnt help you.
I have a cheap power bank from Aldi in the UK which works like a UPS and would do what you want. Unfortunately all I can tell you is that it was 'made in China for Juice'
If you live in a part of the world where you can return things easily just buy one & return it if it doesn't suit.
Be aware that powerbanks are quite noisey. Mine is fine with a Wiim. Total pants with Phono pre amp!

Back