WiiM Pro constantly disconnecting from Ethernet

There is a "feedback" option in the settings menu. Use it if possible after your issue pops up.

To be clear(er), the Settings menu on the right of the bottom banner. i.e. the 3 horizontal dot settings menu, not the device 'cog' settings menu.

Last edited:
Thank you. If the issue materialises again, I will feeback.
The Force Stop has solved the problem for me several times though, on the infrequent occasion that the app seems unable to control the Wiim Pro.

I have fed back on this issue now. To be clear, it is not about a disconnection from the ethernet or indeed from the network, but it is about the loss of apparent contact between smart phone and device, despite the smart phone continuing to display playing tracks and the Wiim pro continuing to play. I think this is more about app functionality but it has been reported now.

I have fed back on this issue now. To be clear, it is not about a disconnection from the ethernet or indeed from the network, but it is about the loss of apparent contact between smart phone and device, despite the smart phone continuing to display playing tracks and the Wiim pro continuing to play. I think this is more about app functionality but it has been reported now.
Can't recall if this has been asked, but what music service are you using and how do you initiate playback? If it's Amazon Music for example and you are casting from its app to the WiiM, then it can look as if the music app has lost connection despite the music continuing to play and the WiiM app showing the current track and progress. Some have said that this is a feature of the amazon app leaving you free to control other streams if, for example, you have its family plan which allows up to six streams. You can always reconnect to the WiiM stream by choosing your device again in the Amazon Music App casting options.

Can't recall if this has been asked, but what music service are you using and how do you initiate playback? If it's Amazon Music for example and you are casting from its app to the WiiM, then it can look as if the music app has lost connection despite the music continuing to play and the WiiM app showing the current track and progress. Some have said that this is a feature of the amazon app leaving you free to control other streams if, for example, you have its family plan which allows up to six streams. You can always reconnect to the WiiM stream by choosing your device again in the Amazon Music App casting options.

I've had similar to the above and whilst hitting pause in the Amazon App doesn't seem to do anything, sometimes if I just hit the next track button or the back button to go to the start of the track it seems to "find itself".

I'm having an issue like many others in this thread. I purchased two new WiiM Pros from Amazon in June 2023. Both are on the same network, one is in the family room and one is in the basement. Both units are hooked up to a tplink switch which run back to the router. The unit in the family room works fine and has never had a problem. The unit in the basement is constantly losing connection. I've tried swapping ethernet cables, swapping the switches, updating firmware whenever available, and the behavior is the same. The unit in the basement always loses connection and needs to be power cycled, the unit in the family room works fine.

I strongly doubt this is an issue with the router or the app. If that were the case both units would be affected.

I'm having an issue like many others in this thread. I purchased two new WiiM Pros from Amazon in June 2023. Both are on the same network, one is in the family room and one is in the basement. Both units are hooked up to a tplink switch which run back to the router. The unit in the family room works fine and has never had a problem. The unit in the basement is constantly losing connection. I've tried swapping ethernet cables, swapping the switches, updating firmware whenever available, and the behavior is the same. The unit in the basement always loses connection and needs to be power cycled, the unit in the family room works fine.

I strongly doubt this is an issue with the router or the app. If that were the case both units would be affected.
Hi Ryan3768,

Please help send us feedback via the WiiM Home App (i.e., selecting the 'Setting' tab, then 'Feedback'), and we'll troubleshoot this for you immediately. I appreciate your support!

Did you try swapping them just to be sure?
You never know!

I just purchased this and I’m having the same issue with WiFi. Disconnects, app says the system is offline and can’t find it. I have to unplug it and waiting for it to be recognized. I’ll be sending it back to Amazon.

I also have a Bluesound and it works without issue.

Heard so many good things about WiiM and the sound is good, but disconnecting all the time is unacceptable.

Did you try:
1. Static dns settings?
2. Switching off smart options?
3. Changing wifi channel?
4. Shortening wiim and wifi names?
Also are You using mesh wifi?
Is wiim far from router?
Do You have 5Ghz wifi turned on?

I just purchased this and I’m having the same issue with WiFi. Disconnects, app says the system is offline and can’t find it. I have to unplug it and waiting for it to be recognized. I’ll be sending it back to Amazon.

Heard so many good things about WiiM and the sound is good, but disconnecting all the time is unacceptable.

You may just have a faulty unit, I've had 3 mini's and 3 x Pros, one of the Pros kept dropping off a wired connection, I sent a ticket to WiiM and in a very short speace of time they said it was faulty and immediately dispatched a replacement ... can't fault their customer service.

Hi Dazman63,

If you experience a disconnection, please submit a ticket through the WiiM Home App, and our team will address it immediately. We're committed to ensuring your device functions correctly for your setup, and if necessary, we will provide a replacement unit. Thank you!

I have had many wifi issues and lots of support contact with wiim amd asus. And since many settings set I have wiims working OK. Only Tidal sometimes stops seeing wiims in android app. In that case I am turning flight mode on and off on my smartphone. It helps.

I have had many wifi issues and lots of support contact with wiim amd asus. And since many settings set I have wiims working OK.
IGMP Snooping/Proxy is a common setting that can affect multicast discovery. If you've made changes that have improved your setup then it may be beneficial to others if you shared them.

Back