WiiM Pro constantly disconnecting from Ethernet

I want to take a moment here to thank both this community and WiiM support for helping me to resolve this problem. I bought a new WiiM a couple weeks ago and was experiencing the disconnect problem connected via Ethernet. Per the instructions posted here, I logged a ticket and got a response from Wiim support in less than 24 hours. They apologized for the problem and let me know that it was a problem with my WiiM Pro and how it works with certain routers. They also let me know that they’ve fixed the problem in newer WiiM Pros.They asked for my order info and placed and order for a replacement unit which I received this week 2 days sooner than expected!

Since everything was already wired up with my original unit, took less than 10 minutes to swap in the new one. So far everything is working fine. I was curious if it was a new manufacturing run. While the box and part number are the same, the branding and other info on the bottom looks slightly different compared to my original.

I have to say it says a lot about the company that they responded so quickly to the problem and gave a sound explaination for why it was happening. It’s also impressive that they are very transparent about plans and enhancements with a public roadmap. And of course more than anything, the Pro is just such a well designed product and an incredible bargain for everything it does! Hoping that Roon support comes soon.

Thanks again WiiM Support!

Is it really disconnecting from the ethernet? Or the Pro falls asleep and won't wake up.
Mine won't wake up sometimes and I have to unplug and replug, but I don't think it disconnects from the router.

I never turn mine off. The problem I had is that it can’t find the device. Go to connect via app or through music app and it’s not visible. Only way to fix is disconnect/reconnect power. Problem seems to be for wired connection not Wi-Fi. So far replacement working great!

When mine won't wake up, that what the app says also. Can’t fine device, so unplugging and rebooting works right away.

5 months and lan disconnect problem keeps going on.. very sad, have opened 4 5 tickets and no solution from support, should i throw it in trash and buy something else or is a chance to get a new one?!

5 months and lan disconnect problem keeps going on.. very sad, have opened 4 5 tickets and no solution from support, should i throw it in trash and buy something else or is a chance to get a new one?!
What’s your latest ticket number? Maybe open another ticket highlighting the previous attempts and ask WiiM to have yet another look at your issue

WiiM support will address the issue. Just send feedback every time the issue occurs. That's what I had to do. It did take four months but they did resolve the issue.

Is it really disconnecting from the ethernet? Or the Pro falls asleep and won't wake up.
Mine won't wake up sometimes and I have to unplug and replug, but I don't think it disconnects from the router.
It's not an issue waking up. Mine would continue to output audio via optical in but it continually lost it's ethernet connection to the router. It would connect again for a bit after a hard reset. My replacement unit hasn't disconnected since it was setup on May 12.

@WiiM Support

Can you check something for me? I was promised a replacement unit because of this issue more than 4 weeks ago. I provided my Amazon invoice number and address, but I have not heard anything since. I've left several more messages in support ticket #10369 but still have heard nothing.

Thanks,
Jay

@WiiM Support

Can you check something for me? I was promised a replacement unit because of this issue more than 4 weeks ago. I provided my Amazon invoice number and address, but I have not heard anything since. I've left several more messages in support ticket #10369 but still have heard nothing.

Thanks,
Jay
Hi Jay,

Sorry for that. I'll follow up immediately for you via the ticket. Thank you!

What’s your latest ticket number? Maybe open another ticket highlighting the previous attempts and ask WiiM to have yet another look at your issue

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230525_172415_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230525_172415_Chrome.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 7
Occasionally, my Wiim home app seems to lose the ability to control my Wiim pro. Implementing a 'Force Stop' to the app on my Android phone restores connection.

Occasionally, my Wiim home app seems to lose the ability to control my Wiim pro. Implementing a 'Force Stop' to the app on my Android phone restores connection.
Hi oldius,

Please kindly send us feedback from the WiiM Home App when you lost control of the device (before your forced stop). I'll forward it to our Eng. team to investigate it further. Thank you!

Hi oldius,

Please kindly send us feedback from the WiiM Home App when you lost control of the device (before your forced stop). I'll forward it to our Eng. team to investigate it further. Thank you!
I am very happy to help but I am unsure what you mean.

Back