WiiM Pro constantly disconnecting from Ethernet

8310. - log of Ethernet cable disconnected and reconnected a few times. Network remained on WIFI

After submitting that ticket my next test was Power cycling the Wiim pro. It now now correctly shows Ethernet as a source.

Ideally if the Ethernet cable is plugged in then it is detected by default. Good luck with the logs.

Thanks.
Thanks VCWiiM for your log. In this case, it seems to be an App issue that didn't update the UI of connection status for the device when the connection is changed from the WiFi to Ethernet. We'll fix this shortly.

FWIW - I've never had a disconnect. Why I have no idea as (trust me) I process no magical qualities and I'm rarely lucky. 😂

FWIW - I've never had a disconnect. Why I have no idea as (trust me) I process no magical qualities and I'm rarely lucky. 😂
Just curious, do you have WiFi deactivated? The message from WiiM Support above yours might suggest that there's a potential issue when both network interfaces are available on the device.

I have a problem with internet too; cant switch wifi off or connect only per lan cable, ist always stuck in wifi mode. 3x factory reset and app delete didn't help. Yesterday worked fine with only lan cable.

Nice, but that's not the point, i don't want to change my wifi pass because of a buggy wiim pro/app.
Hi SHERRYBERRY,

Can you please send us a feedback via the WiiM Home App? We'll look at this issue immediately. If you've done so, please let me know the ticket number, I'll follow up. Thank you!

Hi SHERRYBERRY,

Can you please..
I have solved this problem with power cable disconnect 2x times and then reset the PRO, now its "Ethernet input" again in the app and wifi is off. When i have time i will again connect to wifi to see if its still bugged.

For now i missing a Off button and status led in the Pro/app, dont know if the device is streaming or in standby..

I’m done with this product. It just plain doesn’t work as it should. It doesn’t stay connected to the Ethernet for more than 3-4 days, and I shouldn’t have to keep pulling the unit out of my audio rack setup to unplug it to reboot it. This is the only product on my Lan that behaves like this so it’s not a problem on my end. I wanted a streamer that showed promise on paper and initial reviews, not a $200 paperweight.

It’s now been 3 weeks since my last complaint, more firmware updates, and suggestions of a new unit being sent over or a refund without any follow through.

The unit is obviously defective and I’m done being a firmware test Guinea pig. The unit has gone back into its box and I will be contacting Amazon for a refund because they are the only seller of the item here in Canada, and not pursuing another replacement.

For those that have a functioning unit, enjoy the music.

I’m done with this product. It just plain doesn’t work as it should. It doesn’t stay connected to the Ethernet for more than 3-4 days, and I shouldn’t have to keep pulling the unit out of my audio rack setup to unplug it to reboot it. This is the only product on my Lan that behaves like this so it’s not a problem on my end. I wanted a streamer that showed promise on paper and initial reviews, not a $200 paperweight.

It’s now been 3 weeks since my last complaint, more firmware updates, and suggestions of a new unit being sent over or a refund without any follow through.

The unit is obviously defective and I’m done being a firmware test Guinea pig. The unit has gone back into its box and I will be contacting Amazon for a refund because they are the only seller of the item here in Canada, and not pursuing another replacement.

For those that have a functioning unit, enjoy the music.
Hi @JSA1971 Sorry to hear that. Just to follow up did the firmware version 4.8.507636 help with the issue? If not we'll work with you to replace the unit if it's defective if you want to give it a try again.

Hi @JSA1971 Sorry to hear that. Just to follow up did the firmware version 4.8.507636 help with the issue? If not we'll work with you to replace the unit if it's defective if you want to give it a try again.
I replied to ticket 8192 two days ago and indicated that the new firmware was installed, and the unit was rebooted. Once again it has not corrected the issue, and the unit will not stay connected. The same ticket also had an offer to replace the unit 3 weeks ago, and I offered the information regarding my order that was requested to have this unit replaced, yet I have not heard from anyone regarding that.

I have the same issue with it disconnecting from Ethernet every few days. I do have the current firmware ending in 636 installed. It's not that big of a deal for me as I have it located in spot where I can unplug it and plug it back in and then it works again. Even with this issue it is much more reliable than using my laptop for streaming so I'm not dissatisfied but it would be nice if it could get resolved.

I have the same issue with it disconnecting from Ethernet every few days. I do have the current firmware ending in 636 installed. It's not that big of a deal for me as I have it located in spot where I can unplug it and plug it back in and then it works again. Even with this issue it is much more reliable than using my laptop for streaming so I'm not dissatisfied but it would be nice if it could get resolved.
Can you submit a ticket so our team can investigate? Please do this through the app > settings > feedback

I replied to ticket 8192 two days ago and indicated that the new firmware was installed, and the unit was rebooted. Once again it has not corrected the issue, and the unit will not stay connected. The same ticket also had an offer to replace the unit 3 weeks ago, and I offered the information regarding my order that was requested to have this unit replaced, yet I have not heard from anyone regarding that.
We'll reply to the ticket.

I have had ZERO disconnects - and wonder why - folks are not hallucinating these issues. I had one flakey Ethernet cable that was messing with my NAS but tossed that and all is fine. 🤷‍♂️

Adding my voice to the list of those with problems. Every few days or less, the Ethernet is also failing on me. Switched to wifi mode last night to see if that fixes the problem.

Also, I should be able to pick my own DNS settings on the device itself. Not just Google or network default.

Btw - this is my second unit (first returned to Amazon). Both experience the firmware bug.

Now the app not letting turn off wifi. I turn it off, go out and back in network settings and the wifi is again on. Annoying

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230227_170525_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20230227_170525_WiiM Home.jpg
    586.5 KB · Views: 5
Back