Wiim Pro not controllable through Apple Home

Logo

Hi, I've successfully set up my Wiim Pro and added it to Apple Home. The only issue is that it's not controllable through the Apple Home app and states "Not Playing" regardless of whether it is playing or not. I've tried deleting and adding it as an accessory a few times and have also tried rebooting it. Is there anything else I should try? Thanks!

Last edited:
We have reproduced this issue and found that other similar products have the same issue, such as Sonos. We will check if there is a new AirPlay SDK to fix this issue.

The most recent firmware versions did mention a new Airplay SDK - does the issue persist? If so, post your ticket number here and hopefully WiiM will chase it up.
Hello,

I have the latest firmware.

The WiiM app itself works fine on it’s own. But in the Apple Home app WiiM shows up as a device but it’s never actively connected. So within the Apple Home app I can’t connect to the unit.

I’ve never opened a ticket, although I can if that helps.

Yeah, submitting a ticket to WiiM can help bring it to their attention better than this user forum.

Just a thought, might that not just work if you're airplaying to the WiiM device , but not when you're using a different means of playing music, or is that where it's failing to show anything?

Yeah, submitting a ticket to WiiM can help bring it to their attention better than this user forum.

Just a thought, might that not just work if you're airplaying to the WiiM device , but not when you're using a different means of playing music, or is that where it's failing to show anything?
I just usually start it up with the native WiiM app. I really just stream internet radio stations through a non-smart stereo receiver. So I’ve never done much else like air streaming etc. The unit is at my cottage where we have internet but radio stations are hard to pull in with an antenna.

Back