Wiim Pro+ OPAMP replace

You said earlier you didnt have any measurement instrument ? Unsoldering smd components without the right skills and tools are almost impossible.
I answered earlier to measure distortion. I can't do that. RTFF! I only have a multimeter.I measured 24v on the power pins. I measured it several times.
Soldering...it was very easy for me.

Last edited:
sym -12 / +12
(24v)
5534...Wide Supply-Voltage Range ±3 V to ±20 V
1611..... Wide Supply Range: ±2.25 V to ±18 V

Last edited:
sym -12 / +12
(24v)
5534...-+20v
1611..... -+18v
Yes, the opamp ic in the ViiM probably works at +-12 volts. (That's why I measured 24 volts on the pins) Factory max. It was +-20v
So we are within the limit.
Although I don't understand where is the 0 (ground) of this?

OPA627 Supply voltage, Vs = (V+) - (V-) 9 (±4.5) 30 (±15) 36 (±18) V
OPA1611 Supply voltage (V+ – V–) 4.5 (±2.25) 36 (±18) V

Of course there is no problem with it. It works great.

Last edited:
For those who have sufficient soldering skills, I recommend replacing the opamp. I think it's worth it.
;)

It lies VIIM to the analog output thd+n "(analog out) 0.00023%"

SA5534
"THD + N at 1 khz (TYP) (%) 0.002"

I think I solved this lie.

OPA 1611
"THD + N at 1 khz (TYP) (%) 0.000015"

please don't be smart, just look at my previous posts. RTFF!
I measured 24v on the power pins. I measured it several times.
Edit : ok , I have sen your picture of the soldered opa1611 (y). Good work.
I appologise

Last edited:
I've been looking at buying a Wiim Pro to use as a transport for my diy dacs , I'm tempted to try the pro + just to see how well it compares against my dacs .It'll be good to see if the audio board has potential to be modded to elevate the performance so I find these threads interesting, share ideas etc

Last edited:
Sacci,

I haven't done anything like this, but I have friends who can help and can actually do it.

Supplement to clarify I just solder a new op amp and place of the old one nothing else needs to be done? Would the 1656 be okay or no ? How about sparkos ?

The price isn't prohibitive so I want to put the best one in there in other words if I'm going to go to the trouble I want the biggest improvement I can get

Sacci,

I haven't done anything like this, but I have friends who can help and can actually do it.

Supplement to clarify I just solder a new op amp and place of the old one nothing else needs to be done? Would the 1656 be okay or no ? How about sparkos ?
But the OPA1611 is better respect at OPA1655. Attetion with OPA1656 is dual opamp with diffetent pinout, you can demage the analog part or the WiiM.

Last edited:
The price isn't prohibitive so I want to put the best one in there in other words if I'm going to go to the trouble I want the biggest improvement I can get
Its rather cool to have a good analog stage inside the streamer , and Im sure the opa1611 has an audible better sound. But I wonder if a SMSL su1 dac would bring about the same soundquality change ?

A better LPS for the WiiM pro is also a worthwile improvement, maybe on par with changing the ne5534.

Sorry. I thought the 1656 was the ideal one.... I don't know... And a poster suggested that the original opamp is bipolar and should be or must be replaced by a bipolar ?
I generally like the sound of MOSFETs or jfets better than bipolar so wondering about this

Sorry. I thought the 1656 was the ideal one.... I don't know... And a poster suggested that the original opamp is bipolar and should be or must be replaced by a bipolar ?
I generally like the sound of MOSFETs or jfets better than bipolar so wondering about this
FETs has a high input impedance . Im sure the layout is done to secure good performance using bipolar ICs with lower input impedance.
The 1611 is perfect for the job. If you want a slightly warmer sound - buy a Rega dac ;)

Back