WiiM Pro power consumption in "standby" and "idle" modes?

Eneen

Could someone check power consumption of Pro in "standby" and in "idle" modes? I know it will consume little power but all in all it's 24/7 on.

Could someone check power consumption of Pro in "standby" and in "idle" modes? I know it will consume little power but all in all it's 24/7 on.
It runs off a 5V, 2A supply, so even at full pelt that’s a quarter of a kWh per day, and using the Uk’s capped rate for electricity, that’s 8p max a day. For me, that falls into the negligible category, especially as it won’t be running at full pelt 24hrs a day.

It runs off a 5V, 2A supply, so even at full pelt that’s a quarter of a kWh per day, and using the Uk’s capped rate for electricity, that’s 8p max a day. For me, that falls into the negligible category, especially as it won’t be running at full pelt 24hrs a day.
Your reply was much more sensible/ forgiving than mine was going to be...

Wiim mini with full volume in work mode can't detect power consumption,i suppose is less than one watt because some d class amp 50w that i have consumption is 2 or 3 watts, depends of how loud are playing,sonos amp 125w of power usually are about 7w per hour.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221225-084341.png
    Screenshot_20221225-084341.png
    408.5 KB · Views: 27
Wiim mini with full volume in work mode can't detect power consumption,i suppose is less than one watt because some d class amp 50w that i have consumption is 2 or 3 watts, depends of how loud are playing,sonos amp 125w of power usually are about 7w per hour.
Ignore that power consumption for octomber, November and december, it was connected for deferent device,i just connected now just for mesure the Wiim mini.

I disconnect usb c from mini and i connected to my phone for charging and i have 12w consumption for charging my phone with same power supply and usb cable,so definitely Wiim is less than 1w per hour when is working.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221225-085755.png
    Screenshot_20221225-085755.png
    413.1 KB · Views: 25
This is consumption for Arylic up2stream amp 2.0 v3 with 19 volt power adapter from dell laptop play at normal volume,just 4 watt per hour,i hope i help you with this information .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221225-092024.png
    Screenshot_20221225-092024.png
    409.3 KB · Views: 24
I am also interested in power consumption in Watts, both for active playback and standby, but am not satisfied with answers of the style "It doesn't matter" or some speculation. I would be grateful if someone who owns a Wiim Pro and a Wattmeter measures the power consumption, so that we know exact figures for both states.

Last edited:
Is electric on your country expensive? I have lots of electronics on my house that’s on standby but even they consume 1k watt just for standby it’s just relatively cheap. I can just just recycle 4 cans and that pay itself.

Guess the info would be usefully if running off a battery pack, or someone living off the gird.

In case anyone is interested: Using Wifi, the WiiM Pro uses about 1.7 Watts (both when playback is active and when the unit is idle).

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested: Using Wifi, the WiiM Pro uses about 1.7 Watts (both when playback is active and when the unit is idle).
did you measured 340mA on the DC side?
In this case we could assume just under 2W, considering the heat produced and dispersed by the power supply also.
The dimmed led in stand-by, shouldn't change overall.

did you measured 340mA on the DC side?
In this case we could assume just under 2W, considering the heat produced and dispersed by the power supply also.
The dimmed led in stand-by, shouldn't change overall.
Highest consumtion seems to be 440 mv during booting for WiiM pro.

Back