WiiM pro reversing stereo channels through the SPDIF input

DangeRuss

I have my WiiM pro installed between my CD player and DAC. And when using the SPDIF input to play CD's the channels are intermittently reversed (L/R to R/L) ...... I've tried reseating the cables, swapping them out completely and rebooting the unit several times to no avail. Are there any upcoming upgrades to solve this issue ?

Last edited:
Having the same issue, hooked it up to a PC and played around. Seems to be when the signal starts/stops it flips the channels. If you swap applications on a PC (ie kill the audio out for a moment) it causes channels to flip. Only solution I've found is to swap application again or reboot the device.

I've noticed the same flipped channel issue via spdif for a while and my Pro is only a couple of weeks old, so it could have been like that from new.
I'll try doing a factory reset on the unit later to see if it helps, assuming there is that option.

Last edited:
I've noticed the same flipped channel issue via spdif for a while and my Pro is only a couple of weeks old, so it could have been like that from new.
I'll try doing a factory reset on the unit later to see if it helps, assuming there is that option.
There is an option to reboot in the app, but you can factory reset it by pressing and holding the play/pause button for 10secs.

Please submit a ticket if you haven’t already done so.

Put my PC to sleep (leaving the Pro connected to the internet), went away for a few hours and when I came back, the channels were reversed again. Did a reboot, rather than a factory reset, and it's back to the correct channels again. Hmm..

And I received a reply: "We want to assure you that the issue you've encountered is known to us, and our team is actively investigating to determine the cause. We are committed to resolving it as quickly as possible. Your patience and understanding during this process are greatly appreciated."

I've noticed this too. Not only is the sound from the optical input reversed, but also when streaming. I use the optical output to my dac. WIIM pro. Have not tested if the same is true for the analog output or the coaxial one.

Back