Wiim Pro versus LG tablet with USB output

I decided to give my old LG tablet with USB output, a try into my new dac , that I have only been using with my Pro.
I set them both up to play one of my favorite internet radio stations.
With the Pro going coax into the dac, the dac shows 44.1kz, same as the Wiim app shows.
With the LG tablet USB in to the dac it shows 192kz. They both sound great, just a different flavor, the Pro sounds more dynamic with a deeper stage, while the tablet is a bit smoother and airier.

So my questions are, is the tablet up sampling to 192, or is 192kz just inherent to USB ?
If it's the latter, would a Wiim Pro with USB output 192kz also?

Android devices resample everything to their native sample rate over USB unless using an app with a custom audio driver that bypasses the Android audio stack, for example the superb UAPP.

While many Android devices have a 48kHz native sample rate over USB, some have a 96kHz native sample rate such as my decommissioned/aging but still working Galaxy S7 phone, and some have a 192kHz native sample rate such as my decommissioned/aging but still working Moto X Pure.

I'd have to guess the native sample rate of any given Android device is a function of the USB controller chip on the logic board, and the device manufacturer's election in firmware.

Your LG tablet is resampling over the USB output to the device's native sample rate of 192kHz, no a future WiiM model with a USB output would not do the same.

If you'd like to try the tablet with a custom driver that bypasses the Android audio stack, give UAPP a go, it will play tracks over USB at their native sample rates when connected to a compatible DAC using an OTG compliant cable.

PS - this thread does not belong in the Announcements section.

Thanks for your reply. I realize it's in the wrong place after I posted. Maybe someone can move it.

Back