Wiim Streamer and Lightweight Amp

blake1

Just purchased my first Wiim product and loving it so far! With the great product and affordable price I want more product categories! I have a few applications where I'd like to stream music, but not fork out a ton of money. For instance, I currently have some outdoor speakers that are running with a Raspberry Pi with a Hat as an amplifier. This setup works just fine, but I find myself wanting the Wiim App and all of the sources. I currently use Roon/Ropieee but would love to kill off Roon.

I would like to propose one of two options

1) Take the Wiim Pro and throw a small/cheap Class D amp on it to help bring streaming to new rooms without breaking the bank. This would be in the same category as the BlueSound PowerNode/Edge but hoping to get in at a lower price point
2) If all else fails sell a Wiim software license for use on Raspberry Pi.

I use a Doukaudio ST-01 Pro with mine, to drive vintage KEF Concertos.

Low cost Class D, valve pre-amp, solid state power amp.

I was astounded.

I use a Doukaudio ST-01 Pro with mine, to drive vintage KEF Concertos.

Low cost Class D, valve pre-amp, solid state power amp.

I was astounded.
Yes, love my Douk ST-01. Surprisingly good sound and lots of connectivity. I also added a Schiit Audio Loki Mini+ equalizer for even better sound.

I have a Pi Zero with DAC HAT plugged into a Topping Class D amp that cost maybe £50. Sounds incredible for the price point. I could swap the Pi out for WiiM Mini but no good reason to do so. The Mini on its own wouldn’t sound as good as the Pi/DAC.

Just purchased my first Wiim product and loving it so far! With the great product and affordable price I want more product categories! I have a few applications where I'd like to stream music, but not fork out a ton of money. For instance, I currently have some outdoor speakers that are running with a Raspberry Pi with a Hat as an amplifier. This setup works just fine, but I find myself wanting the Wiim App and all of the sources. I currently use Roon/Ropieee but would love to kill off Roon.

I would like to propose one of two options

1) Take the Wiim Pro and throw a small/cheap Class D amp on it to help bring streaming to new rooms without breaking the bank. This would be in the same category as the BlueSound PowerNode/Edge but hoping to get in at a lower price point
2) If all else fails sell a Wiim software license for use on Raspberry Pi.
Hi Blake1,

Thank you so much for your suggestions.

We have option 1 this year (but not small/cheap class D). Please stay tuned!

I bought a just released Fosi Audio V3 Amp last week (100€) and use it with the WiiM Pro. Great and absolutly High Quality Combo. I highly recommend this new AMP, but recommend getting it with the 48V Power Supply instead of the cheaper 32V (more Power, better Sound). See Youtube Reviews and the Review from Amir at audiosciencereview.

A WiiM all-in-one solution would be ideal. I believe Fosi audio built one but it lacked the WiiM EQ controls.

A Fosi V3 type amp with an embedded WiiM would be awesome.

Back