WimM Pro & Roon Backup Issue.

wakajazz

So lately (since the last firmware update?) my WiiM Pro Roon endpoint has been disappearing from available Roon audio devices. When the WimM Pro dissapears from Roon, network connectivity (both WiFI and Ethernet) is maintained, all other streaming functions work, including Airplay from Roon. It is just the 'Roon Ready' WiiM Pro audio device that disappears (seemingly randomly). A reboot of the WiiM Pro brings the endpoint back and visible from within Roon. I performed a 'Restore Factory Settings' to the WiiM Pro no change. I have however now found a pattern to the issue and can replicate it. Every time a Roon backup runs (in my case every 4 days) the WiiM Pro Roon Ready Audio device disappears from Roon and requires a reboot to make it visible again.

This issue does not affect any of the other Roon endpoints I have (Raspberry Pi4/Ropiee, NAD CS1 etc.) Only the WiiM Pro.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:
Roon backups are pointed to a NAS share. That did cross my mind as a variable to eliminate, but did not get that far down the rabbit hole.
It was pure curiosity. Our backups go to an USB SSD and to Dropbox. Music is on a NAS. No issues ever. Not with my wife's 😉 Nucleus + and not with my self-build (proud of it, was my first tinkering project and surprisingly it works) ROCK. Once our move is complete in middle September the Nucleus will go and we (mainly my wife) will use Roon only in the living room.

I have no idea if its a Roon Backup issue, but Wiim Pro drops from being Roon Ready after a time of no use. It is still seen in Roon as a Chromecast and Airplay device and is still on my LAN ( pingable ). Power On/Off or Reboot from within Wiim App returns the unit to Roon Ready. Is this a defective unit?

I have no idea if its a Roon Backup issue, but Wiim Pro drops from being Roon Ready after a time of no use. It is still seen in Roon as a Chromecast and Airplay device and is still on my LAN ( pingable ). Power On/Off or Reboot from within Wiim App returns the unit to Roon Ready. Is this a defective unit?
Not necessarily - it may be a fixable firmware bug.

When that issue occurs, use the WiiM Home app feedback section to submit a ticket to WiiM so they can inspect your logs for clues.

This happened to me for the first time today - I rebooted my WiiM Pros and they appeared again in Roon.

I have this same issue. WiiM disappears from Roon Ready after a length of time being inactive and need to reboot it to get it to show up again. All other connections (app, etc) all work fine. Hopefully this gets resolved with a firmware update.

Just experienced it too. Hadn't used this speaker for a few days but today it was missing in 'Roon Ready'. Rebooting the WiiM Pro solved it. Maybe this issue is since the last firmware update, never had this before.

My WiiM Pro has been stable for the past week after following the Roon support suggestion described in the following post. As noted in the post, during this time frame a firmware update was pushed to the Wiim Pro, so the specific fix is somewhat undetermined.

Thanks for the update - what’s interesting is I reported a Chromecast issue with WiiM Pro a few weeks ago when trying to cast to it from another app (not via Roon):

And the Roon post above suggests turning Chromecast off as it looks like that may have caused some kind of issue (if I’m understanding it correctly). I’ll have to see if keeping Chromecast ‘active’ on WiiM Pro works in a stable way so as to not repeat this issue of Roon not seeing the Roon Ready endpoint on WiiM Pro (unless firmware was pushed to fix both issues).

Did not face such issues. No idea if it was pure luck or it depends to the fact that I do not use any schedule for the backups. The ongoing reminders are a little bit annoying, but doing the backups manually every time I think of it is no big thing. But it might be possible this has nothing to do with the problem. Or it has...😉 As long as I've used the WiiM it worked reliable.

I've been experiencing this as well. I have started my WiiM and Roon journey simultaneously. However, it's no joy at all due to frequent dropouts. I've tried everything suggested in this forum and Roon as well with no luck so far. Regardless of using Chromecast or Roon Ready, my Wiim Pro Plus disappears from audio devices and reappears only after restarting Roon Remote or WiiM Pro Plus.

I've been experiencing this as well. I have started my WiiM and Roon journey simultaneously. However, it's no joy at all due to frequent dropouts. I've tried everything suggested in this forum and Roon as well with no luck so far. Regardless of using Chromecast or Roon Ready, my Wiim Pro Plus disappears from audio devices and reappears only after restarting Roon Remote or WiiM Pro Plus.
Sounds like it be worthwhile to troubleshoot your network configuration. I don't know all the dependencies for Roon, but Chromecast issues where endpoints go AWOL are generally due to multicast, VLAN settings, or other network related problems.

Sounds like it be worthwhile to troubleshoot your network configuration. I don't know all the dependencies for Roon, but Chromecast issues where endpoints go AWOL are generally due to multicast, VLAN settings, or other network related problems.

Many thanks for the feedback Balthazar B. Following your advice, I have hard wired the WiiM via ethernet cable to test as a temporary solution and it did the trick. I have never considered WiFi as a potential issue. It is frustrating that all the other equipment on my WiFi can operate without dropouts yet WiiM cannot. Does this suggest a possibly faulty unit or is there any WiFi settings requiring fine tuning for a stable WiFi connectivity.

Back