My Pro Plus finally arrived!!

Brown Sound

Major Contributor
Well, my Pro Plus finally arrived yesterday afternoon (08/29), yay! My delivery date from Amazon kept changing daily (well, seemed to) from 28th, 24th, 21st, 5th and then finally the 29th. After my chat with Amazon for info, I guess my order was on the edge of 'out of stock'?? But hey, I gots it now! Anyhoo, I spent yesterday evening getting it setup as a replacement for a CCA. While the CCA works streaming by strictly casting from apps, I love having almost all of the streaming apps in the WiiM Home app, it is soooo convenient. My current setup is 1. WiiM Pro Plus via coax 2. Pi4b RoPieeeXL Roon endpoint via USB (with screen) and 3. the CCA via Toslink, all of those into my iFi NEO iDSD DAC, and from there into an AUX on my Pioneer AVR. I have a lot of plans for forking the listening rig with one of those Douk Audio VU meter-amp/speaker switches, my Adcom gear and a bunch of speakers, but that project is for later. Here are a few photos of my digital stack in use. Once again, soooo convenient!! 👍 :cool:

IMG_20230829_230619150_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230829_230823877_HDR.jpg

If you do not use the new internal DAC, why the Plus instead of the Pro which is otherwise identical?

If you do not use the new internal DAC, why the Plus instead of the Pro which is otherwise identical?
I really debated that issue, but I decided I wanted all of the updated parts (not just the DAC was upgraded) and a remote. I felt it was worth it, for the newest version. Just my preference, YMMV.

Fair enough!
I'd like to add a bit more to this topic. If I already had a Pro, then I would have probably not gotten the Pro Plus. But as stated, I didn't have a Pro. So for a little $$$, I got better parts, a remote, I helped payback for the R&D of the Plus, I got a box that says 'Plus' on it and the biggest reason, larger access holes for the RCA jacks!! There, I feel better now, just my opinion of course. :D

The Pro weighs 330g whereas the Pro Plus weighs 400g and an AKM4493SEQ weighs less than 1g.

I really debated that issue, but I decided I wanted all of the updated parts (not just the DAC was upgraded) and a remote. I felt it was worth it, for the newest version. Just my preference, YMMV.
They are cryptic on the changes that happened on the digital part!

Back