YouTube Music and Multiroom MRM setups

Melkiades

Hi all,

New to the WiiM world. WiiM supports Chromecast Audio, so I should be able to cast YouTube music from my phone. The limitation is that it doesn't support YouTube music natively in its app.

Does this mean that I won't be able to cast YouTube music to a Multiroom setup? I'm assuming the WiiM app is required for this. I'm ordering 3xWiiM Pros today and would love to figure this out before I do.

Thanks!

Yeah it needs to be Youtube Premium before you can cast. However, for illustration, here’s a couple of screenshots where I’m using ChromeCast from the Amazon Music app on my iPad to cast to a Google Speaker group containing my WiiM Pro and pre production WiiM Pro Plus…

Attachments

• IMG_8050.jpeg
    IMG_8050.jpeg
    269.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8051.jpeg
    IMG_8051.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 5
Yeah it needs to be Youtube Premium before you can cast. However, for illustration, here’s a couple of screenshots where I’m using ChromeCast from the Amazon Music app on my iPad to cast to a Google Speaker group containing my WiiM Pro and pre production WiiM Pro Plus…
Thank you. I do pay for YouTube Premium. I'm curious: how did you get your hands on a WiiM Pro Plus? Isn't it coming out only on August 5th?

I received my Wiim Pros and setup three zones. It works with Spotify but not with Youtube Premium: with Spotify from the Wiim app I can play music to all three zones. With YTP I'm only able to cast from YouTube to one room at a time. When I go to the Wiim app, if I sync to the other zones (like I do with Spotify), I only get sound in the room where I did the initial casting.

So I then tried to just use Google Home to create my rooms and play to all rooms at the same time. It seems that the latest version of Google Home doesn't allow to create group speakers. I followed the online help but what they describe are different options than the app I have.

Any idea would be appreciated. Should I start a new thread since it's slighly a different topic from my initial post?

I was able to create groups in Android Google Home app version 3.3.1.4.

Settings > Devices, Groups, Rooms > Speaker Groups > Create speaker groups

By the way, was Linkplay MRM the first one you tested? If so, why not link two of the three WiiM Pros and see if you can cast them with YTM?

Also, all three WiiM Pro must have Chromecast enabled in the WiiM app.

By the way, was Linkplay MRM the first one you tested? If so, why not link two of the three WiiM Pros and see if you can cast them with YTM?

I found the solution!

The latest version of Google Home changes completely how you create speaker groups.
If you search online on how to do this, you won't get the right procedure or screenshots.
It seems like Google updates its apps faster than its documentation online.

There is no more + sign to add a speaker group.
Instead, you have to add each device (each WiiM) to a room.
Then you have options showing up to create speaker groups.

When you mention this:

Settings > Devices, Groups, Rooms >

The problem is that if you didn't add your devices to rooms, you will only see Settings > Devices.
Nowhere will you see "Groups, Rooms". For me it was confusing because I had named my devices the actual name of the room they were in, so I thought I had my rooms setup already! As soon as I added them to a room, the "Groups, Rooms" option appeared and I was able to create groups.

Works now, problem solved! Thanks for replying to quickly!

BTW, what's Linkplay MRM? Is it an app or the multiroom feature in WiiM Pro?

I'm astounded at the amazing quality of those WiiM Pros. I cannot believe that people are paying 2-3 times as much for other brands.

We should setup a website offering installation services by area. A lot of non geeks would love someone like us to install this great setup for them.

Yes, i mean WiiM Pro multi-room music. You can link three WiiMs using the WiiM home app.

WiiM is also the best for me😊

Back