YouTube Music can't see WiiM Pro using Chromecast

mikehd

I can cast Amazon Music to the Pro just fine, but YTM can't find the Pro.

I've read the suggested articles but found no resolution.

I just checked with YTM on my PC and it can cast just fine. I suspect the mobile app has an issue.

I am subscribed to YT Premium.

Sure, but what a waste of an opportunity right? I mean why stop YTM seems mad. I will have to see if Richer Sounds just blame for lack of research - I mean this isn't a massive ask right...

Sure, but what a waste of an opportunity right? I mean why stop YTM seems mad. I will have to see if Richer Sounds just blame for lack of research - I mean this isn't a massive ask right...
I’m not aware YTM can be accessed from a third party device, most instances I’ve seen use the YTM app over Airplay, Chromecast or Bluetooth. Given YTM is lossy 256kb, I don’t think it matters what you use tbh.

Ya, there's a soundcloud app but limited music compared to usual app? Is this normal ? Thanks for help all btw
Sorry, my mistake, I had that toggled off so didn’t see it on my Browse page…

It’s not unusual that the third party interface that services release offer less than their own app, so it might well be that’s the case for Soundcloud too.

I am just concerned here that all forms of music are inaccessible?
It might be that the WiiM app doesn’t support access to a free Soundcloud account as it doesn’t have any means of running the ads. Do you have a paid account?

Alternatively, do you have a free Spotify account? That (well, Spotify Connect to be exact) works well with WiiM devices of all shapes and sizes.

I use the WiiM app to access Amazon Music and Qobuz as well but I subscribe to those.

Back