Support for plex

As you can see from the photo it's 192/24. I took a leap of faith when buying the adaptor because many of the reviews said it couldn't do 192/24, however, it does as my photo shows and to my ears there is no loss of SQ.
Are you sure the WiiM isn't upsampling that?
The reason I am asking is that I use a number of iOS devices with the camera kit to various USB DACs and also with DACs that have a lightning connector and it is has never gone beyond 24/96.

Are you sure the WiiM isn't upsampling that?
The reason I am asking is that I use a number of iOS devices with the camera kit to various USB DACs and also with DACs that have a lightning connector and it is has never gone beyond 24/96.
I can only say that what ever Plexamp shows as the bitrate shows exactly the same on the DAC whether it be 44, 96 or 192. Plexamp is set to strictly match bitrate, so what goes in comes out.

The fact that Plex is one of the most widely used media server out there, it is absolutely necessary to add Plex support.
I wonder why it was not considered already!
Please, please, please add the Plex support.
Here's another vote of that matters.

The original post in this thread was asking for Plex to be a media source, is that what's happening, or will the WiiM hardware be a Plex endpoint? I assume the latter.

The original post in this thread was asking for Plex to be a media source, is that what's happening, or will the WiiM hardware be a Plex endpoint? I assume the latter.
They weren’t that specific, just a statement (which I now can’t find) that they were working on “Plex support” iirc

Plex can already be a media source by enabling its UPnP server. This will be as an endpoint.

Plex can already be a media source by enabling its UPnP server. This will be as an endpoint.
Yes I know, although it's very limited, but that's what was specifically being asked for.
Here's another vote for supporting plex as a media source. It should be possible considering other apps such as Symphonium have done it.
Unless Plex UPnP wasn't working back in November last year, which I find hard to believe - although I do know that a lot of it wasn't working properly back then!

As I said, there's no way it's not the Plex endpoint WiiM are considering

In the meantime, it works pretty well to cast from Plexamp to Chromecast on WiiM (I setup a ’WiiM Speakers’ group in the Google Home app to cast to them all at once). I also do this with the SiriusXM app. Of course I can’t wait for this all to just be built into WiiM to make it much more seamless.

In the meantime, it works pretty well to cast from Plexamp to Chromecast on WiiM (I setup a ’WiiM Speakers’ group in the Google Home app to cast to them all at once). I also do this with the SiriusXM app. Of course I can’t wait for this all to just be built into WiiM to make it much more seamless.
I currently have a WiiM mini. The only reason I may switch to WiiM pro would be the Chromecast feature, however if it should Direct Stream from Plexamp.
Can you please confirm whether you're getting Direct Stream of your FLAC files played on WiiM Pro or is it transcoded?
Thanks

I currently have a WiiM mini. The only reason I may switch to WiiM pro would be the Chromecast feature, however if it should Direct Stream from Plexamp.
Can you please confirm whether you're getting Direct Stream of your FLAC files played on WiiM Pro or is it transcoded?
Thanks
It’s a Direct Stream - works really well. I don’t like using AirPlay because it eventually loses connection from the device you‘re AirPlaying from. Chromecast works much better for this reason alone (which you are probably aware of already). I just wish my WiiM Mini had Chromecast built-in as well.

Hi, after checking with our team, we can do the bit perfect output for the Plex server on WiiM Pro. However, there is one exception - if your content is uncompressed wav file, Plex will encode it and resample it to 48kHz before streaming to us. If your source is in the FLAC or other formats, it will stream it directly w/o the transcoding.
Hello, please take a look also on this problem with WiiM streaming from Plex server. Thanks a lot!

Another thing pointing to DLNA streaming via Plex. I have Plex server installed on MacBook. Problem is, that even I set MacBook to “not go to sleep”, after approx two minutes it put hard disk to sleep and WiiM app access will not bring it online again so it stop playing next track. However Plex app on phone (when launched) is able to wake Plex server again and when returning to WiiM app, it’s again able to play another song.
Should be possible to take a look in the problem? If Plex app is able to wake Plex server up, WiiM app should be too.
Otherwise WiiM work great with Plex server.”

Hello, please take a look also on this problem with WiiM streaming from Plex server. Thanks a lot!

Another thing pointing to DLNA streaming via Plex. I have Plex server installed on MacBook. Problem is, that even I set MacBook to “not go to sleep”, after approx two minutes it put hard disk to sleep and WiiM app access will not bring it online again so it stop playing next track. However Plex app on phone (when launched) is able to wake Plex server again and when returning to WiiM app, it’s again able to play another song.
Should be possible to take a look in the problem? If Plex app is able to wake Plex server up, WiiM app should be too.
Strange that must be a bug with the MacOS Plex DLNA implementation - I have Plex on 2 low powered machines, a RPI and a small Intel box (I use the Intel box to get Plex to generate the 'Sonic Signatures' (Find similar sounding albums etc) and both work well with the WiiM app using DLNA and can play for hours. My wish for Plex on WiiM Is more that it can become an endpoint for PlexAmp (as that is a better Music experience than the WiiM App) - I have developed some code that can assist in this process but it remains to be seen if It can be enabled on a WiiM device.

If you want WiiM to have a look at your issue, please raise a ticket via the feedback section under settings in the WiiM app

When Plex or Plexamp is ultimately supported, will it work on the mini as well as the other devices?

Back