Support for plex

I have installed 2.1.13.2 on my dev LMS - not working.
2.1.11 on my production server is still OK.

I'll see what Philippe has to say from my log posts.
I've seen his explanation regarding your case but it's not really convincing. There was a setting before called "next_delay", I can see this in my config file but there is no longer reference in the gui nor help guide. It think it was the way to workaround the issue.
Apart of that my WiiM is able to process nextURI 5 s before the current one ends so the issue is probably more complex.

I wasn't fully correct above, details here:

LMS sends nextURI request:
[10:59:42.032023] AVTSetNextURI:99 [0x69f6e0]: uPNP setNextURI http://192.168.0.26:35368/bridge-11.flac (cookie 0x766)

it gets a response around 5 s later:
[10:59:46.748940] handle_http:484 [0x617da0]: received GET /bridge-11.flac HTTP/1.1

and playback starts, so request was send 18 s before the current track ends:
[11:00:00.385571] sendSTAT:159 [0x617da0]: STAT:[STMs] msplayed 0

Unfortunately my LMS sometimes doesn't get a response, it seems to be related to the file format in my case.

Last edited:

"People have asked for PlexAmp support, so WiiM has stated that it is adding it."

No way back now, I guess 😂
Hopefully regular Plex and not just PlexAmp. I know my friends would pay for a Wiim but doubt they'll pay twice as much to also have a Plexpass subscription. I know I'm not going to

Hopefully regular Plex and not just PlexAmp. I know my friends would pay for a Wiim but doubt they'll pay twice as much to also have a Plexpass subscription. I know I'm not going to
Yes I think the implementation on the endpoint side is the same. Plexamp is just a step up in user experience on the application side.

No progress for me. Mini works fine, Pro has some issues. None of them can handle short files.
Short files = more than 10 s, less than 15 s for example. Shorter ones are fine, but no gapless.

No progress for me. Mini works fine, Pro has some issues. None of them can handle short files.
Short files = more than 10 s, less than 15 s for example. Shorter ones are fine, but no gapless.
How short is short? Can you give some examples that I might have in my library?

The biggest issue for testing is that the behavior is quite unpredictable. I have a set of 3 parts - 13 s, 10 s and 9 s, and all of them in flac, mp3, ogg and wav formats. And while Mini works fine with flac set, it stops and cannot advance to the next song with wav set.

A setting to define the minimum song length for gapless playback (instead of fixed 10 s) could help as a workaround, but Philippe doesn't want to introduce another parameter.

A setting to define the minimum song length for gapless playback (instead of fixed 10 s) could help as a workaround, but Philippe doesn't want to introduce another parameter.
I installed 2.1.13.6 yesterday but didn't get a chance to try it until now. It seems a lot better at dealing with short tracks and gapless (FLAC) seems to be OK. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on which way you look at it) I only have FLAC (lots) and a very few MP3s to try it with on local files. Qobuz seems fine as well though. What is your view?

I installed 2.1.13.6 yesterday but didn't get a chance to try it until now. It seems a lot better at dealing with short tracks and gapless (FLAC) seems to be OK. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on which way you look at it) I only have FLAC (lots) and a very few MP3s to try it with on local files. Qobuz seems fine as well though. What is your view?
This build works much better than previous ones. Philippe has implemented something similar to the workaround I've mentioned in the discussion as you've seen probably on LMS forum. This kind of "fallback" when nextURI didn't work prevents playback to be stopped.

This build works much better than previous ones. Philippe has implemented something similar to the workaround I've mentioned in the discussion as you've seen probably on LMS forum. This kind of "fallback" when nextURI didn't work prevents playback to be stopped.
Yes. I saw. Is your short track playback issue resolved or still dependent on codec?

Back