better audio quality

Years before to expand and give Ethernet to two devices I was using a tp link sg105 v6 . I was wondering what is the fuss and I have connected it after my router and from that the Supra cat 8 to ifi lan silencer and WiiM pro plus . Indeed it seems that the sound is much clearer when this device is in between compared to straight connection .
Forgive me, this is only my beliefs. If you had so huge differences, it means it were problems of grounding loop and/or electric noise harmonics running on your cable. If all was instead already good, it's matter of endorphins and anything raises theirs production, takes to a good sounding feeling, so anything does that, it's welcome... 😎

Forgive me, this is only my beliefs. If you had so huge differences, it means it were problems of grounding loop and/or electric noise harmonics running on your cable. If all was instead already good, it's matter of endorphins and anything raises theirs production, takes to a good sounding feeling, so anything does that, it's welcome... 😎
No huge differences…Slight but audible

Edit -> slight relatively to changing speakers . But it is noticeable and I definitately prefer this combination .

It is not that packets are not 100% received in both cases . It could be due to reclocking, better QoS and less common mode noise .

Ethernet ports still allow some amount of noise to pass through even though they are galvanically isolated @merifon

Last edited:
Data packets are just transmission of 1s and 0s. I think 24/192 averages under 10Mbps although in reality I see alot less based on the WHA. Therefore if your internet connection is slow you would experience buffering and pauses. If your wireless capabilities exceed whatever sampling bandwidth you settled on, the SQ should be fine.

Data packets are just transmission of 1s and 0s. I think 24/192 averages under 10Mbps although in reality I see alot less based on the WHA. Therefore if your internet connection is slow you would experience buffering and pauses. If your wireless capabilities exceed whatever sampling bandwidth you settled on, the SQ should be fine.
How do you define fine? It could be finer…It depends what characteristics you examine or care about …Btw my internet connection covers 4k in stable way so bandwidth is under no way a problem for steaming up to 24/192

The best upgrade would be of course to complement my Elac carina bs243.4 with a sub or two . Much more expensive though …and little kids are around so dangerous !

The latest Darko video makes a good point in my opinion - if you have that sort of money to spend on Ethernet switches, then it will be after you’ve made other improvements well up the chain, and that you’d be better off using the cash it for room correction instead.
I have to give John Darko a thumbs up here. That's pretty hard for me.

Admittedly, he can be very entertaining and I did enjoy some of his music recommendations in the past.

I'm not convinced that cables make as much of a difference as people state. Whatever cables you use at home, they used miles of tin in the wiring looms at the studio when recording the master, so any quality loss that comes from the cables, has already occurred during the recording.

It's highly unlikely that wiring in your speaker cabinet, or your amp uses anything other than tin or copper either, as the prices would be much higher than they already are.

Room correction / good PEQ and the best DAC you can get your hands on will always make a bigger difference than cables.

Back