Bluetooth Stutter

Shozzer

Morning All,

New WiiM Pro owner as of last week. Works flawlessly over Wi-Fi when connected to my Denon amplifier via Line Out and also Optical Out (Coax is a no go as my current connectors don't fit onto the WiiM!) but when connecting to Bluetooth devices - Dali Katch, Sony Headphones and a cheap headband (for use when going to sleep - not a good look!) the sound stutters badly. Have other users had similar problems and were they able to overcome them? The experience varies. Sometimes when the stutter starts, pausing a few seconds allows the sound to buffer and then normal playback is possible. Sometimes it then becomes necessary to repeat the process if the stutter starts again.

The problem occurs whether streaming from LMS or Qobuz via WiiM and happens irrespective of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. A device reset did partly improve the situation but essentially Bluetooth is unusable which is a shame as that was the main reason for getting the WiiM. I have submitted a ticket to WiiM but wondered if others had similar experiences they could share.

Thanks for reading.

Steve

I really hope this can be sorted out, the only reason I got myself new headset was to listen to music via Bluetooth in the evening from vinyl and not to disturb my 4yo daughter her sleep. It would be shame to put so much money into a otherwise very limiting headset - not willing to wire myself as my dedicated chair is like 5m away from the main amplifier.

Keeping my fingers crossed for narrowing down the issue and fixing it by Wiim team.

Tested again today with the Amp(HDMI arc )connected to my Daliio6..
No issues at all.
Great clear sound ..

When i come home .amp powers up.
BT still connected.
Very crisp clear sound..no issues.

Update.. tested it for couple of hours.
No issues what so ever..

Last edited:
My playback is slightly worse...☹️ I don't think the BT issues were addressed in the latest FW update.

Steve
Hello Steve,..

No before the update i already made some tests.
Now i took the opportunity to test al lot more.. when having selected the hdmi ( arc) output and listening with my Daliio6 to youtube, Netflix...
No issues at all..no stuttering.
Hopefully someone else can do some Tests on the amp when playing music with an cd player connected to optical.

Update..
I am now testing with music playing from my phone.
Super clear sound..
No stuttering now.
I will test a couple of numbers..
Till now no issues.

I listened as I said earlier for hours with the HDMI arc..no problems. Crisp clear sound.

2nd number.. no Stuttering.. sound is 👍👍😊.
Here we go..3rd number... Testing. Must say the amp sounds super ..also over BT on my Daliio6.

Till now.. everything perfect.

3rd number.. No issues 😀👍
4 th.... playing.
Whole album..no issues.

I will do more tests next week.
Maybe i have an idea what's happening if I encounter Stuttering again. Then I will address it.

Till now..
Playing music from my phone no problems.
Listening with HDMI arc no issues.
I'm within 4 meters from the amp.

Another test.
I powered off the TV.
Powered TV on. Amp comes on as always.
Powered my BT headphones on.
Immediately connected.
No issues listening to TV through BT.

Last edited:
I tested with streaming today...

Again.. listened yesterday with the HDMI Arc input for hours... ( youtube, Netflix) with no issues..no stuttering. Clean,crisp sound over BT on my Daliio6.Also tried to play music files stored on my phone yesterday..no issues. 😊👍

Ok today ,I tried steaming with Tidal. Got my Daliio6 still connected to the Amp. So output on the amp was still Bluetooth.
Powered up the amp my headphones connected immediately..
And now _with streaming_ NO stuttering at all!
Could play a whole album.
Music sounds very good over BT..😊😊👍
I will do some more tests later..

Last edited:
I tested with streaming today...

Again.. listened yesterday with the HDMI Arc input for hours... ( youtube, Netflix) with no issues..no stuttering. Clean,crisp sound over BT on my Daliio6.Also tried to play music files stored on my phone yesterday..no issues. 😊👍

Ok today ,I tried steaming with Tidal. Got my Daliio6 still connected to the Amp. So output on the amp was still Bluetooth.
Powered up the amp my headphones connected immediately..
And now _with streaming_ NO stuttering at all!
Could play a whole album.
Music sounds very good over BT..😊😊👍
I will do some more tests later..

So... are the issues gone all by their own or what? If that's the case then I need to try once again Today maybe... Still I got Wiim Pro Plus and not Amp.

So... are the issues gone all by their own or what? If that's the case then I need to try once again Today maybe... Still I got Wiim Pro Plus and not Amp.
I maybe may have a clue what could be the cause.
I must test it some more.
But what i experienced earlier is that i have to establish the connection with the amp confirming the connection with the confirmation sound.
If i dont hear it i will try again..but i think you must wait till you hear it.
Then i can say there are no issues with the HDMI arc with the amp in the first place. So there was the stable BT connection.
When switching then to music the transmitting stayed stable.

I must test some more but now we have seen the amp can deliver with no issues.
Again maybe the stable connection has to do as I said above.
Ik will do some more tests later.
Then i will disconnect the BT connection and connect again ( waiting for the BT confirmation sound) and see if the connection stays stable..Maybe for now i can say if the BT connection is stable..it stays that way.

For now it did. Listening to music,tv without any troubles.

Last edited:
I maybe may have a clue what could be the cause.
I must test it some more.
But what i experienced earlier is that i have to establish the connection with the amp confirming the connection with the confirmation sound.
If i dont hear it i will try again..but i think you must wait till you hear it.
Then i can say there are no issues with the HDMI arc with the amp in the first place. So there was the stable BT connection.
When switching then to music the transmitting stayed stable.

I must test some more but now we have seen the amp can deliver with no issues.
Again maybe the stable connection has to do as I said above.
Ik will do some more tests later.
Then i will disconnect the BT connection and connect again ( waiting for the BT confirmation sound) and see if the connection stays stable..

For now it did. Listening to music,tv without any troubles.

Sorry, I don't get it. So you say it is worth checking to connect the headphones first till we can hear the connection confirmation from speakers and only then try to play some music?

Sorry, I don't get it. So you say it is worth checking to connect the headphones first till we can hear the connection confirmation from speakers and only then try to play some music?

No what I'm saying..I wait till I hear the confirmation sound on the headphones.
I I don't hear it connecting again till I hear the full confirmation over the headphone..... a sort of double bleeping sound.

As I said I first tested the connection with the HDMI arc input again.
This connection was and stayed stable this time..I tested it before..
Maybe one can say if the connection is stable it stays that way.

When ik powered off the amp i let it in bluetooth mode.
Powered on the amp,powered on my headphones and the confirmation sound came on immediately over the headphones.
I know I have my BT connection there.

Then everything worked fine..no issues no stuttering.
We have seen now..the amp can be stable with BT transmitting.
I will have to do more tests..

Last edited:
Well I temporarily have bought 5m headphone cable just to be able to listen to vinyls and CDs as t he signal is routed via Wiim. I will check the BT on the headphones later on.

Well I temporarily have bought 5m headphone cable just to be able to listen to vinyls and CDs as t he signal is routed via Wiim. I will check the BT on the headphones later on.
I will do some more tests later on.
But we can confirm the amp can deliver a stable BT connection. In this case Transmitting mode. I was sitting around 4 meters from the AMP.
I assume the WIIM pro can do the same..

In my case even when Wiim Pro Plus was not processing any signal to my knowledge from any source the problem remains the same. Regular stuttering every 2-3 seconds for 1 second. I'm wondering if I should record that and upload on Youtube for support to understand the issue that I am facing.

In my case even when Wiim Pro Plus was not processing any signal to my knowledge from any source the problem remains the same. Regular stuttering every 2-3 seconds for 1 second. I'm wondering if I should record that and upload on Youtube for support to understand the issue that I am facing.
I think a video would help.
Try disconnecting..youre headphones. And look out for the headphones aren,t connected to any other device. Tv, smartphone choose for: Forget this device.Try connecting to Wiim and listen if the confirmation is delivered( double bleeping sound).
As i see it.. if the connection is stable in the first place it will stay that way.

That was my overall experience. When i powererd the AMP of it let it on bleutooth mode. Connection( when powering on) was swift and stayed stable. Very convenient when listening to tv, music late at night.
Sound over BT was very good.

Last edited:
Post it on you tube and place the link here if you still having issues. I think video content could help in this case..
First try if you can get a stable BT connection. Hopefully you can..

Post it on you tube and place the link here if you still having issues. I think video content could help in this case..
First try if you can get a stable BT connection. Hopefully you can..

I did all suggested above already and the Technics headset is just not running from the beginning while I have no issues with any other one of lower class headset that I own. Any recommendations for music that I could use to record video so YT doesn't cut it due to copyrights? :D

I did all suggested above already and the Technics headset is just not running from the beginning while I have no issues with any other one of lower class headset that I own. Any recommendations for music that I could use to record video so YT doesn't cut it due to copyrights? :D
Did you look out for the latest update on the Technics? In my case the Jabras had no issues but as mentioned the DaliIO6 now also can work with a proper stable BT connection.
You are right with Copyrights... maybe look out for some copyright free tracks ,i assume they can be found on the internet.

Update..
Came home and wanted to watch tv, Netflix.
My Daliio6 is still on the BT list.
Powered on the tv..amp did power on itself ( HDMI arc).
Powered on my Daliio6.. immediately got connection.
Nu stuttering super clean sound over BT again 😀👍

I am still experiencing issues and since the last FW update, more issues with the BT headband than previously. Waiting patiently for a specific FM update to cure this problem...

Steve

I've just tried to remove the Wiim Remote from the devices list as I believe it's bluetooth remote, but this doesn't change the situation. I believe this rules out the potential issues with it being connected along with the speaker/headset device.

Back