Is it true the power, which it offers at 4 ohms? 120W/c?

If they are 88-90db sensitivity I can't see any issues.

Some people are using the amp with the kef ls50 metas, which are 86db, however I don't have a pair so I can't verify how well this works.
I am using the WiiM Amp with the LS50 Metas in a ~ 30sqm room they are great and plenty loud enough for me without even pushing the volume to 50%

I have a 40m2 basement and I am afraid of not filling it.
In my book 40 m² is a large room ...

What exactly are your speakers? Speaker sensitivity numbers don't tell much, unfortunately, if the manufacturer doesn't state how it was measured. Everything else being equal, a 3 dB higher speaker sensitivity saves you half the needed output power.

Should you really feel like your missing power the most cost efficient solution in most cases is to simply add a powered sub. This relieves the amp from feeding the most power hungry bass region and can noticeably improve the sound quality with 2-way speakers (because the WiiM Amp will no longer feed them the low bass).

In my book 40 m² is a large room ...

What exactly are your speakers? Speaker sensitivity numbers don't tell much, unfortunately, if the manufacturer doesn't state how it was measured. Everything else being equal, a 3 dB higher speaker sensitivity saves you half the needed output power.

Should you really feel like your missing power the most cost efficient solution in most cases is to simply add a powered sub. This relieves the amp from feeding the most power hungry bass region and can noticeably improve the sound quality with 2-way speakers (because the WiiM Amp will no longer feed them the low bass).

good morning!

exactly these:

good morning!

exactly these:

OK, sensitivity is specified as 88 dB / 2,83 V / 1 meter distance. That's pretty decent. The impedance curve is just about perfect for the WiiM Amp, mainly 5 ohms resistive with very little variation (a slight local maximum around 8.5 ohms just below 2 kHz) above the lowest bass region, which is dominated by the reflex design, of course.

These speakers should be pretty much a perfect match for the WiiM Amp.

Should you ever feel the need for more power, I would still recommend getting an active subwoofer (at least 12" woofer) instead of a bigger amp. Remember: Everything else untouched, to double the loudness your roughly need ten times the power!

Back