Amp shuts off unexpectedly

StevensNJD4

Hello WiiM Team and Community,

I'm facing a challenge with my WiiM Amp, which shuts off unexpectedly during use, specifically when connected via optical input. This seems tied to how the amp's smart audio check feature interprets the audio input from my mouse clicker emulation software. The software produces a brief, yet clearly audible "tick" sound with each click, a crucial feedback mechanism given my reliance on accessibility tools.

Despite initial productive exchanges with support, where I detailed the issue and confirmed settings like the disabled auto-sensing feature, there has been a disappointing lapse in communication. The situation has become more pressing following a recent update that further sensitizes the amp to these brief audio inputs, leading to more frequent shutdowns. Here's an example which I included in the ticket

This lack of ongoing dialogue contrasts sharply with the initially positive support experience, leaving me in search of a resolution. I'm looking for advice or adjustments to the amp's sensitivity settings that can account for the unique nature of the audio signals produced by my accessibility software.

Appreciate any guidance or suggestions you might offer to help address this.

Hello WiiM Team and Community,

I'm facing a challenge with my WiiM Amp, which shuts off unexpectedly during use, specifically when connected via optical input. This seems tied to how the amp's smart audio check feature interprets the audio input from my mouse clicker emulation software. The software produces a brief, yet clearly audible "tick" sound with each click, a crucial feedback mechanism given my reliance on accessibility tools.

Despite initial productive exchanges with support, where I detailed the issue and confirmed settings like the disabled auto-sensing feature, there has been a disappointing lapse in communication. The situation has become more pressing following a recent update that further sensitizes the amp to these brief audio inputs, leading to more frequent shutdowns. Here's an example which I included in the ticket

This lack of ongoing dialogue contrasts sharply with the initially positive support experience, leaving me in search of a resolution. I'm looking for advice or adjustments to the amp's sensitivity settings that can account for the unique nature of the audio signals produced by my accessibility software.

Appreciate any guidance or suggestions you might offer to help address this.
We know the root cause from your description: the audio check algorithm is not smart in your use case. Our team will review this algorithm deeply and improve it promptly.

I'm having the same issue, can we have an update on what the problem is? Is this an isolated issue and certain consoles or a problem with the algorithm??

Does your Wiim Amp turn off completely or does it just deactivate audio channels?
I have a similar problem, which I described here: https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/wiim-amp-turns-off-the-sound-after-15-seconds-hdmi-optical.3268/

Is it the same for you or does it turn off differently?
What problem solver are you currently using?
The Amp turns off completely. If I am playing music via tidal connect it will shut off the Amp. It's like the Amp is protecting itself and will shutt off. I know it's WIIM the issue because when I play music through the Yamaha music cast app I dont have that problem.

They sent me beta firmware. It does not fix pablo's problem (which I also reported today); it just fixes the sensitivity of waking up

Back