Listen to Music while watching TV/Sports

Wilky

I want to purchase a WiiM amp for the screen porch area of our new build, but have an important question. We are mounting a TV in the porch and I want to have TV sound come though my outdoor speakers. I will also be streaming Apple Music via Airplay2 from my iPhone or iPad. We often like to watch sports while listening to tunes. Does anyone know if when you're watching TV, then switch the input to listen to music, if the video feed stays on the TV? My Yamaha receivers offer this feature, but alot of receivers don't. If not, what would the work around be to listen to music while still having the game on with no sound. I'd like to be able to switch back and forth too during important, or exciting moments of the game, etc.

The Amp is audio only, so you can switch to another audio input on the Amp and the TV will continue to play as a TV and your sound will come from whatever source you pick.

That is fantastic news. I feared when switching from the HDMI video output to audio, it would possibly remove the video feed like many other receivers do. Thank you.

That is fantastic news. I feared when switching from the HDMI video output to audio, it would possibly remove the video feed like many other receivers do. Thank you.
Yeah, the WiiM Amp isn't really a receiver (in my mind anyway) that passes through audio/video.
Basically, the WiiM Amp is a replacement for amp and pre-amp separates.
It takes inputs from Streaming, HDMI, Optical, etc. and outputs them to the speakers.

Last edited:
Back