Max Volume to low?!

I was just taking measurements with a loudness meter because it also seemed to me that the Wiim played a little quieter at maximum volume than the larger amplifier/receiver. In my case, I compared the Wiim with the Yamaha R-N602. I performed the measurement on the same source with the same music file in the same conditions. The measurement results showed that the Wiim at maximum volume sounds as good as the R-N602 at the -5db setting. So it is a bit quieter, in the Yamaha we still have a headroom of 5db, of course the Yamaha has an additional headroom of over 0db, up to +16.5db, but it is unlikely to be used because anything over 0db is already a distorted sound and can easily damage the speakers.
The Wiim could have 5dB more on the scale, then it would equal the Yamaha, with which you can already make a disco at home, maybe the Wiim support will improve it in some update, I don't know. The Wiim is a much smaller amplifier than the Yamaha, it is enough for normal listening, it will also play loud, but if someone wants to really make noise, like at a disco, a more efficient amplifier is needed.

Yes , but you have that 30% insanely loud ..on wiim I have a maximum of "pretty loud" with 89db speakers. I bought this amp for the specs ..60W on 8Ohm (I had 30W /ch Denon F07 , Yamaha RXE 400 , 50W Yamaha R-S300) and I thought I'm fine with 60 ...but ...gain,power...to low
Could you please provide your ticket number? This will enable us to promptly follow up on your issue.

The measurement results showed that the Wiim at maximum volume sounds as good as the R-N602 at the -5db setting. So it is a bit quieter ...
Thank you for choosing the right terminology. It's not as loud, which just proofs there's less gain (but doesn't say anything about max. power, if the sound is still clear and undistorted).

I still think that WiiM have been rather conservative here, maybe even too conservative. Few sources will be able to drive the power amp section into clipping.

Back