Why can’t I filter by genres?

Bozzz

Thinking about giving Tidal a shot. Have been playing with it a little bit. I do like Tidal connect. But one thing I love about Qobuz is that I almost exclusively listen to classical and jazz on my stereo. On Qobuz I can check those two Music styles and see only them. Can you do that on Tidal? If it’s an option I can’t find it.

Don't believe so. I agree it would be useful.

But if all the playlists you import, and the tracks you love are all jazz and classical, I think that will have the effect of influencing what Tidal presents for you as its algorithm builds out your "music identity".

Probably going to be a no for me then. Tidal connect is cool and all but with taxes and commission paid to Apple. The price is close to Qobuz. Might be a silly reason not to use Tidal but being able to see just the genres I want is a biggie.

Probably going to be a no for me then. Tidal connect is cool and all but with taxes and commission paid to Apple. The price is close to Qobuz. Might be a silly reason not to use Tidal but being able to see just the genres I want is a biggie.
You pay no commission vig to Apple if you set up your Tidal account online and not through an iPhone app. Same goes for Qobuz.

Although you're only one voice among several million, it wouldn't hurt to submit your feature suggestion to Tidal. Who knows, it could be on their roadmap already, particularly since their acquisition which has been driving lots of change (including the significant price drop).

Back