“Roon ready” not in music services list

Laps

This is on the Wiim app using a Wiim pro plus. I have Roon core on iMac and can stream using the Roon app on an iPhone but curious as to why the music services in the Wiim app doesn’t list Roon?

Because the Pro Plus has not yet been certified by Roon as Roon Ready like the Pro has. Hopefully it will be soon.

Roon might be seeing the Pro Plus as an Airplay or ChromeCast endpoint.

I was just wondering about this very topic, since I just finished piecing together a new bedroom system with my Pro+ as the source. I wish Roon Labs would hurry up, eh?

Not necessarily Roon here. It a two way process and having a different model being certified does not make the other one pass straight away. It has a different dac, output stage and firmware to the Pro all of which could cause it to fail certification and awaiting fixes. There is a backlog at Roon as well but what is causing the delay here is unknown many factors to take into account.

Well, I for one am hoping for an early X-Mass Prezzy as I sold my iFi Zen Dac Signature II for this Pro Plus on the assurance it would be Roon certified soon. Here's hoping...😎

Back