WiiM Amp & Roon Ready

hashkey

Hi @WiiM Support

I really don't want to do an "Are We There Yet?" post, but as far as Roon Ready certification for the WiiM amp is concerned, it dawned on me that I don't remember seeing anything from WiiM/Linkplay themselves undertaking to implement RR for the amp, even if it's a reasonable assumption.
So, (while fully understanding that certain circumstances are outside WiiM's control):
Is it coming?
Is there an ETA?

Also, the Amp is absolutely phenomenal.

I’m sure they have said it’s been submitted for certification. While no ETA has been mentioned, going by the Pro and Pro Plus timescales it might still be some months away.

Thanks, I appreciate that, but (not wanting to offend), what I'd said was I'd seen nothing from WiiM themselves. I've seen writers say it's incoming, I've seen other users say it's coming, but I've not seen any direct confirmation.

I'm not sure if that's policy (maybe understandably given WiiM wrote a cheque you couldn't cash by promising RR for the WiiM mini), or if it's just that I've missed something along the line.

In any case I've bought the amps so 🤷‍♂️

That comment said the reply came from WiiM and unless the OP was lying ;) that’s good enough for me.

I’ve been pressing them to publish their roadmap and give updates on things like that, and had hoped they’d do that before the Chinese New Year break they appear to have had. I’ll prompt them again this week.

That comment said the reply came from WiiM and unless the OP was lying ;) that’s good enough for me.

I’ve been pressing them to publish their roadmap and give updates on things like that, and had hoped they’d do that before the Chinese New Year break they appear to have had. I’ll prompt them again this week.

Yep there it is. No timeframes is probably smart.
And no, I wouldn't cast aspersions on anyone…

Hi @WiiM Support

I really don't want to do an "Are We There Yet?" post, but as far as Roon Ready certification for the WiiM amp is concerned, it dawned on me that I don't remember seeing anything from WiiM/Linkplay themselves undertaking to implement RR for the amp, even if it's a reasonable assumption.
So, (while fully understanding that certain circumstances are outside WiiM's control):
Is it coming?
Is there an ETA?

Also, the Amp is absolutely phenomenal.
Hi, yes we're working on getting WiiM Amp Roon Ready certified. No ETA yet but we'll update when it's certified :)

To all the rooner's out there who already own/listen to a WiiM Amp
What do you prefer?
  • Chromecast
  • Squeezebox
  • Airplay
and why?
Thanks
Thomas

Chromecast.
I tried squeezebox first but volume controls etc were pretty ropey. Chromecast is great, honestly syncing with other RAAT endpoints is the only thing missing for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: tcj
Hi Team,

Exciting update: The WiiM Amp has successfully passed the Roon Ready Certification test! We're planning to roll out the new firmware early next week, so please keep an eye out for it!
How can I resist constantly checking for updates?
Brilliant news!

Hello,
Is it only me me that don`t get Wiim Amp Roon Ready?
Updated the Wiim Amp, twice today. Restarted the computer were the core is and logged out/in from the account.
Still don`t get Roon Ready in Roon app. Any suggestion what to do more? 😅

Firmware updates are rolled out in batches over a period of a few days or more with no discernible pattern. You can’t force it, you just have to wait.

Back