“Volume normalization”/“Loudness equalization”

K-L

I find considerable volume variability between songs and the fantastic Mini. Volume normalization or loudness equalization would be even better.

It could be that the third party API (and AlexaCast) don’t offer the option of volume normalization. I’d suggest you raise a ticket with WiiM thru the feedback section in the WiiM Home app and get it from the horse’s mouth :)

Bet it will come from Quixall Crossett again 😉

Was witness when he unseated Barlowe at Ayr in 2001 😉 his last visit on the track.

Was witness when he unseated Barlowe at Ayr in 2001 😉 his last visit on the track.
After 103 consecutive defeats I read. You’d think the law of diminishing returns would have kicked in long before that…

And Ayr - many a “trip doon the watter“ there as a child :)

Those years it was kind of "routine" to visit a racecourse as part of the drive to Mom's family. No living relatives any longer, so visits to Scotland became rare 😉

After 103 consecutive defeats I read. You’d think the law of diminishing returns would have kicked in long before that…

And Ayr - many a “trip doon the watter“ there as a child :)

Frae Glesga tae Dunoon...

I agree volume normalisation is needed… you have my upvote

Replaygain is the solution, which it seems wiim does not support. As a workaround you can install bubbleupnp server on your pc, mac, nas or pi. It provides the option to decode any stream to wav/pcm for any upnp renderer (wiim) and apply any replaygain metadata to the volume level. Some streaming providers (Qobuz) provide replaygain metadata in their tracks. If you have your own server there are utilities which will calculate and update the replaygain values. Foobar2000 is very good at it. Bubbleupnp server also provides Openhome support and remote access to your server.

I don’t have an issue with Amazon Unlimited, but I do have volume issues with Tidal and Quboz.

Please add volume normalization for all streaming apps!!!!

I don’t have an issue with Amazon Unlimited, but I do have volume issues with Tidal and Quboz.

Please add volume normalization for all streaming apps!!!!
That depends on whether the streaming apps third party APIs provide that information which it would appear they don’t.

Back