Spotify Normalization

Davide

Hi everyone,
I need support for the WiiM Mini, which I use to stream Spotify.
In practice I can't find a way to set the normalization. When I use Spotify connect to control playback from the WiiM, the normalization setting in the settings is grayed out. And in fact between the tracks there is often a noticeable and annoying change in volume.
Maybe I'm late, but how do you set up normalization with WiiM?

Hi everyone,
I need support for the WiiM Mini, which I use to stream Spotify.
In practice I can't find a way to set the normalization. When I use Spotify connect to control playback from the WiiM, the normalization setting in the settings is grayed out. And in fact between the tracks there is often a noticeable and annoying change in volume.
Maybe I'm late, but how do you set up normalization with WiiM?
WiiM does not have a normalization function. I also use Spotify and I've never been bothered by the volume difference.🤔

WiiM does not have a normalization function. I also use Spotify and I've never been bothered by the volume difference.🤔
Volume differences between tracks exist and are unavoidable. Especially old digitized songs have a rather low volume.
It is extremely boring to have to adjust the volume at every track change. And in fact for this there is the normalization function in the client.
If such a function is missing in WiiM then I would ask for it to be introduced.

This setting is in the Spotify app. Just disconnect the App from any Spotify Connect device and check settings in app again. Now you can set volume normalization. Connect again to your device of choice and - voila.

Volume differences between tracks exist and are unavoidable. Especially old digitized songs have a rather low volume.
It is extremely boring to have to adjust the volume at every track change. And in fact for this there is the normalization function in the client.
If such a function is missing in WiiM then I would ask for it to be introduced.
It definitely doesn't work.
My app is configured to have normalization enabled, but when I choose WiiM as playback device it is not applied.
In fact, I find a notable difference in volume between songs, which when played directly from the app on my smartphone (with headphones) is not there.
The fact that the normalization setting is grayed out when I select WiiM should also mean that this feature is not applied/applicable.

Back