16 bits, 44.1 khz All i can get

Cagoper

Hey there,

I just bought the pro plus and use deezer for streaming. Even i choose the max and can play 24-192 through wiim app, i cant get 24 bit. Do you have any advice ?

Attachments

• IMG_8593.png
    IMG_8593.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
You’re already getting the best Deezer can offer - 16/44.1 FLAC. WiiM devices don’t upsample to the chosen output resolution, they’re bit perfect.

Tidal and qobuz not working in my country, thank you for the answer.
It’s been estimated that over 90% of the tracks in the major hi res streaming services are no better than 16/44.1 CD quality anyway, so you’re perhaps not missing out on a great deal of hi res music. Plus there are those (if not most) who will say that a well mastered CD quality album is much better than a less well mastered 24/192 album.

I wouldn’t fret about the numbers too much and just relax and enjoy the music :)

Hey there,

I just bought the pro plus and use deezer for streaming. Even i choose the max and can play 24-192 through wiim app, i cant get 24 bit. Do you have any advice ?
Even you get 192 your socks won’t be blown off. Most of these music files are just upsampled without sound improvement and makes files bigger. We need a native 192khz of recording master.

The only halfway scientifically proven advantage of 192kHz streams is the need for less steep output filters on the DAC. Upsampling is just good enough for that. Whoever thinks he is able to detect a 96 kHz sound component in the original master that's missing in the 44.1 kHz CD master should make sure to buy the right speakers (bat edition), first.

I still don't understand what upsampling is good for. If I have an audio source that is recorded at 44.1kHz/16bit, what is the point of resampling to, say, 192kHz/24bit if the original source doesn't have those frequencies and dynamic range?

Reactions: SWM
For those with an external DAC that perhaps clicks when it has to change sample rate between tracks, upsampling all tracks to a max rate can mitigate against that. Admittedly, upsampling won’t improve how the tracks sound (indeed if it’s not done well some would argue it can have a negative effect) but for the case I mention, it can be beneficial.

Back