24/192 stream direct to powered speakers?

bobeck50

Hey all, complete new guy question here. Should the pro be able to stream 24/192 from unit to powered speakers (edifier 1280dbs) without anything else needed via spdif or coax out? Ive tried both the included optical cable and a coax i had and with qobuz and wiim output set correctly i can get music and test sound at 24/96 but not any higher.

Thanks for the quick reply. I hadnt gotten that far in my thought process yet and it appears the answer is no they dont so ill consider this answered!

If both coax and digital don’t go any further than 24/96, then that would suggest that’s all the speaker can support. Plus from a discussion in the Wiim Mini thread on audiosciencereview from around a year ago, it sounds as if the protocol that Edifier speakers use to connect the left and right channels only supports 24/96, so anything above that on input is potentially moot.

If both coax and digital don’t go any further than 24/96, then that would suggest that’s all the speaker can support. Plus from a discussion in the Wiim Mini thread on audiosciencereview from around a year ago, it sounds as if the protocol that Edifier speakers use to connect the left and right channels only supports 24/96, so anything above that on input is potentially moot.
Those speakers seem to be cable connected to each other, so I guess only spdif limitations matter here.

I'm not sure many self powered speakers with digital (normally 3 pin canon 110 ohm AES) inputs offer above 96k.

I bet the Neumann's do.

Agree 100%
I would think given the pro plus upgraded DAC, that if you used the analog line out into the rca jacks of your self powered speakers you WOULD hear some subtle differences on certain recordings regarding 96 vs 192k. It seems at minimum the bass always more depth and the recordings seem more layered and less Mushy 192 vs 96

Back