4 speakers

it doesn’t matter that there is one set of plugs, I’ve been using 4 speaker configurations since 1973, 50 years ! I’m asking if the amp can handle it

A wiim engineer has to answer , I’ll just monitor temperature of unit with IR thermometer

A wiim engineer has to answer , I’ll just monitor temperature of unit with IR thermometer
WiiM only occasionally visit here as it’s primarily a user forum - if you want an answer from them directly, submit a ticket thru the app

Hi Team,

Regarding your inquiry about speaker configurations with the WiiM Amp:

For 8-Ohm Speakers: You can connect up to four speakers in parallel to a single WiiM Amp. This setup is ideal for maximizing the Amp's capacity while ensuring optimal performance.

For 4-Ohm Speakers: We recommend connecting only two speakers to one WiiM Amp.

I hope it clarifies. Thank you!

Very new to this stuff but I have 4 Polk atrium 8's and a wiim amp. So if I wire the 4 speakers parallel, the amp should be able to handle it?

Their nominal impedence is 8 ohms, so try it.
If the amp gets really warm when you turn it up then you know to use just one pair!
Hi Mr Ee, Wunderkind, Team

I’d like to shed some light on the WiiM Amp’s advanced heat management. It employs PID control and internal temperature sensors, automatically adjusting power based on readings from these sensors. Therefore, it’s completely safe to connect 4 8-ohm speakers to the Amp. It won't affect the sound quality.

Look forward to hearing about your experience.

Back