Airplay 2 from Windows iTunes

Bismarck

Major Contributor
Hi.
I am aware that IOS devices stream lossy content to the Wiim through Airplay 2.
I am also aware that Mac can stream losslessly to Wiim through Airplay 2 only if configured to do so.
Well, I found out that also Window iTunes (yes, I know that in the Windows Store there are new apps that should substitute iTunes, but for the moment I will stick with iTunes...) streams losslessly through Airplay 2 to the Wiim, without any additional configuration.

Last edited:
Hi.
I am aware that IOS devices stream lossy content to the Wiim through Airplay 2.
I am also aware that Mac can stream losslessy to Wiim through Airplay 2 only if configured to do so.
Well, I found out that also Window iTunes (yes, I know that in the Windows Store there are new apps that should substitute iTunes, but for the moment I will stick with iTunes...) streams losslessy to the Wiim, without any additional configuration.
Using what protocol?

Tried it (after converting some FLACs to ALAC) and it does appear to stream lossless CD quality (well at the static 900kbps WiiM seems to show for Airplay 2).

However, you'd be as well (playlists apart I guess) using the Windows beta WiiM Home app which will play losslessly to your WiiM device up to 24/192.

And apologies again for not completely reading your post ;)

Back