Album distortion

Laps

I have a Wiim Pro Plus and have been using Amazon, Radio Paradise and Qobuz. There has been an issue with a single album which previously played flawlessly through Qobuz. I haven't changed any settings. I can stream the album through Airplay, and through Amazon HD without any difficulty. Now, whenever the album is selected there is popping, pauses and distortion. I have tried clearing the Qobuz cache, reinstalling Qobuz and the Wiim app all without success. I find it strange that only a single album is affected.

I have a Wiim Pro Plus and have been using Amazon, Radio Paradise and Qobuz. There has been an issue with a single album which previously played flawlessly through Qobuz. I haven't changed any settings. I can stream the album through Airplay, and through Amazon HD without any difficulty. Now, whenever the album is selected there is popping, pauses and distortion. I have tried clearing the Qobuz cache, reinstalling Qobuz and the Wiim app all without success. I find it strange that only a single album is affected.
Eventually it could be helpful to name the album?! So that others can crosscheck..

Maybe has Qobuz much higher bit rate than Amazon? What happens if you reduce bitrate on qobuz prefs?
What album is?

Maybe has Qobuz much higher bit rate than Amazon? What happens if you reduce bitrate on qobuz prefs?
What album is?
I have tried different bit rates for Qobuz and it had no effect. "Skellig" by David Gray.

The album on Qobuz is 88,2/24.
I am not at home so no WiiM here but UAPP tells me "no resampling" and I should switch of the "bit perfect" option.
But you wrote already that you've tried different bitrates. So no idea, sorry.

On Tidal is 88.2 Khz 24bit 2412Kbps and no noises nor distortions.
Do you play from WiiM app or use Qobuz and chromecast?

On Tidal is 88.2 Khz 24bit 2412Kbps and no noises nor distortions.
Do you play from WiiM app or use Qobuz and chromecast?
Yes, I have tried playing it from Qobuz directly and it streams fine, but not when streaming from the Wiim when using the Qobuz service.

The album on Qobuz is 88,2/24.
I am not at home so no WiiM here but UAPP tells me "no resampling" and I should switch of the "bit perfect" option.
But you wrote already that you've tried different bitrates. So no idea, sorry.
I had tried 24/192 and 24/96 settings in Qobuz with the same issue, but I just now tried 16/44 and it streamed fine. I am still perplexed though as it had been streaming fine at higher bit rates previously.

Did you check if other high bit rate albums play well?
Anyway, you could open a ticket with support.

I can only look into kind of a crystal ball because I have no Plus. May be a Plus owner can check if the internal DAC has eventually a problem with 88,2 or 176,4?

I can only look into kind of a crystal ball because I have no Plus. May be a Plus owner can check if the internal DAC has eventually a problem with 88,2 or 176,4?
I have the Wiim Pro Plus connected via Toslink/optical out so it should be bypassing the internal DAC.

And you are sure your external DAC or Amp can handle this special 88,2 bitrates? Sorry for that silly question..
And what happens if you use the internal of the Plus? Just in case..

Yes the DAC is fine for up to 24/192 and that album was fine playing through the system without any changes having been made. By "use the internal of the Plus" do you mean just using the RCA out on the Wiim and bypassing the external DAC?
And you are sure your external DAC or Amp can handle this special 88,2 bitrates? Sorry for that silly question..
And what happens if you use the internal of the Plus? Just in case..

Yes the DAC is fine for up to 24/192 and that album was fine playing through the system without any changes having been made. By "use the internal of the Plus" do you mean just using the RCA out on the Wiim and bypassing the external DAC?
Yes.
But if it was fine for long and just changed the last days my only suggestion is raising a ticket, if you did not yet.

Back