Automatically stopping audio when unlinking

r5yk5

I have 2 wiim pro plus connected to 2 different music systems in my (rather long) living room, let's call them "Left" and "Right". When linked they play left and right channels separately and my music has lovely stereo sound.
The TV is connected to "Left" via line in which is underneath it. The TV should play through only "Left" as

a. "Right" is miles away on the other side of the room.
b. if they are linked then the sound is out of sync with the video due to the delay needed to sync the stereo output

"Left" is set up to automatically switch to line in when detected, so when I switch the TV on, "Left" plays the TV audio and unlinks from "Right"

So far so good

My question is how or even if it is even possible to stop the music playing through "Right" when "Left" unlinks itself and starts using line in for the TV?

Thank you

I have 2 wiim pro plus connected to 2 different music systems in my (rather long) living room, let's call them "Left" and "Right". When linked they play left and right channels separately and my music has lovely stereo sound.
The TV is connected to "Left" via line in which is underneath it. The TV should play through only "Left" as

a. "Right" is miles away on the other side of the room.
b. if they are linked then the sound is out of sync with the video due to the delay needed to sync the stereo output

"Left" is set up to automatically switch to line in when detected, so when I switch the TV on, "Left" plays the TV audio and unlinks from "Right"

So far so good

My question is how or even if it is even possible to stop the music playing through "Right" when "Left" unlinks itself and starts using line in for the TV?

Thank you
What is the source of the music?

There are a few ways to stop the "Right" music, but I don't know if these will work for you.

WiiM app (toggle "Right" input)
remote control
Voice Control (or Routine)
SwitchBot Bot

Thank you

The music source is either line in (my record player) or wifi.

What I would like to be able to do is set "Right" to stop automatically when it realises that it has been unlinked if possible.

I manually stop it with the app, or remote myself. However, it causes a problem for my partner who neither wants to or cares how all this stuff works. Sometimes I leave the music on and go and mow the lawn or go out or something. She then wants to watch TV. She turns it on and the sound starts but the music is still playing on the other side of the room.

Thank you

The music source is either line in (my record player) or wifi.

What I would like to be able to do is set "Right" to stop automatically when it realises that it has been unlinked if possible.

I manually stop it with the app, or remote myself. However, it causes a problem for my partner who neither wants to or cares how all this stuff works. Sometimes I leave the music on and go and mow the lawn or go out or something. She then wants to watch TV. She turns it on and the sound starts but the music is still playing on the other side of the room.
That's a tough question, isn't it?

I don't know how to automatically turn off the record player. It may be easier to set the volume to 0 on the right WiiM.

Are you and your wife reluctant to use Voice Control?

If not, I think it's possible to use Alexa Routine to turn on the TV with voice control and at the same time turn the volume on the right WiiM to 0.

However, if your TV doesn't support Alexa (or Google assistant), you'll need a smart remote.

It would be nice if someone else had a better idea.

My TV is not clever enough for an alexa routine. The voice remote might be acceptable, so long as I haven't lost it down the back of the sofa. It would be nice if there was a way to trigger stop on the other wiim when the linked device starts playing something else though. Thank you for the help :)

My TV is not clever enough for an alexa routine. The voice remote might be acceptable, so long as I haven't lost it down the back of the sofa. It would be nice if there was a way to trigger stop on the other wiim when the linked device starts playing something else though. Thank you for the help :)

Please submit a support ticket through the feedback section of the WiiM home app and talk to our support team. You may be able to find a better solution.

I have this suggestion.
(You will need two smart devices.)

1. Presses the button on the Switchbot Remote.
2. The signal is sent to Switchbot Hub Mini and the TV is turned on by IR remote.
3, At the same time, the signal will be sent to Alexa via Wi-Fi.
4. Alexa will run the pre-made routine.
5. The volume of the "right" WiiM will be reduced to "0" depending on the routine.

I can't guarantee it, but from my experience, these should work. This method does not require Voice Control. 😁
1000000254.jpg

The Switchbot Remote has two buttons, so you can press the other button to turn off the TV and turn the WiiM volume back on at the same time. 🙂

Back