Question about using two audio sources

Mrkoolit

I’m very interested in purchasing the wiim pro but im confused about switching between audio sources. Currently I have an echo dot and tv connected to a 2 port manual switch box that ouputs to my studio monitors. I have to manually switch between two sources.

I was thinking of having the tv connected to the wiim pro and output to my studio monitors. If im playing audio through the tv is it possible to switch to streaming through echo dot/Spotify then back to audio from the tv? Sorry if this is a basic question.

You’d have little reason to use the echo for direct streaming as the WiiM Pro acts as an echo when linked to Alexa in its app. You’d just use the WiiM Home app to switch the Pro to wifi rather than line (or optical) input for your tv, doing away with your previous manual switch

Note that the Pro doesn’t have a mic for Alexa voice commands (unless you use a WiiM remote) , nor does it have a speaker like an echo, but needs to be connected to speakers either directly or via an amp/DAC etc.

You can still use a real echo to direct Alexa supported music services to a WiiM device - see the first part of this post (up to where it talks about the echo link/ Roon which needn’t concern you) where it describes the various ways of directing music to a WiiM device using Alexa.

Thanks for answering all my questions! Am I able to switch optical to wifi with the wiim remote or you can only do that with the app?

Back